Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Man, I'm getting left behind

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 27, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Man, I\'m getting left behind

Seems like everyone I know is or has recently:

1. Gotten Engaged
    2. Gotten Married
    3. Having Children
    4. Having more children
    5. Or option 5, joined the military

I feel like by the time I find a woman and get married, my children won't even get to play with all my friend's kids cause they'll already be grown and gone. I need to get moving.

I figure I'm still ok being 22 and having none of the above, but at the rate I'm going... I won't get married til I'm about 80. For those of you that are married or have kids, what age did either of those occur?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: Man, I\'m getting left behind

Option 5 is your best bet.

1 sucks cause you're whupped.

2 sucks even more cause you're whupped even more.

3 sucks cause not only because you're even more whupped, but the kids can't do chores around the house for a few years and you're stuck picking up after them

4 sucks even worse than 3 for even more of the same reasons.

So in recap, 5 is the best option cause not only do you get paid to shoot guns and blow crap up and travel to far off exotic lands, but you can get free condoms from the medics so you don't have to worry about the first four /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I am 31 married for over 3 years and have a 16 month old boy and have 12 years in the military. My wife is 35. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dude,Don't get married.Just date and have fun.Buy your own home.once most people get married all the fun stops.and next the truck is for sale.And then when it does not work out,half of all your sh!t is gone.................

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I was married at 26, first kid at 28, second kid at 33.

Rene

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Man, I'm getting left behind

[/ QUOTE ] Just be thankful your not getting anything else in your behind.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

I got married when I was 19 (way to young) /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Had the first kid (son) at 21 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Had the secound kid (daughter) 32 (ooop's) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Been married for 26 years the first part of January. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Don't rush into things you have plenty of time... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hmm, tough choices! Got married at 21, divorced at 23, no kids with that wife. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Got married again at 28, had lots of fun with the wife for 10 years, saved money, bought a house, vehicles, furniture, etc. Had the first kid when I was 38 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and the 2nd when I was 41. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Having our financial life in order before kids certainly made things easier for us, but it's a damn sight harder to keep up with small children when you're this old! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

At 20, I have no intentions of being married, or having kids in the next 6-8 years.

I chose option #5. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im 17 and thought that it would be cool at first..but then after watching my parents...i thought that over and decided to have a life instead /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Joined military at 18
    Got married at 20 with a stepson.
    Our second kid at 21
    Our third at 26
    Miscarrige at 27
    Our fourth at 28 (well he's actually due in a few weeks)

It hasn't been easy by any stretch but I wouldn't change a thing. I love my kids and I love my wife, but I hate my cat (stupid cat)
    You just gotta take it one day ata time and don't expect it to be like TV or the movies, everybody fights and it sucks but making up kicks butt. And the kids are the best thing to happen to me, gives me something to grow up for and to look forward to when I wake up each morning.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm going on number 4. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I started out as one of those guys screwing as many girls as he could until he got married at 25.

Had our first kid at 30 and now going on with our second child to be here Dec. 2nd (this coming Tues.) and am 33 years old. To top that off, the wifey wants one more kid before calling it quits. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I started out as one of those guys screwing as many goats as he could until he got married at 25.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Damn Wes set Himself up for that one.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I love my kids and I love my wife, but I hate my cat (stupid cat)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I started out as one of those guys screwing as many goats as he could until he got married at 25.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUAHAHAHAH /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    once most people get married all the fun stops.

[/ QUOTE ]

My life has been much more fulfilling since I got married. I couldn't imagine how boring life would be without my wife and daughters. Unless of course you enjoy the same thing every weekend- going out with your buddies and trying to pick up girls. That routine really gets old after a couple of years........

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dont worry about what other people are doin. I was 26 before I even had a really serious (ie marriage is on the way) relationship. some peeps just arent ready at 18, 19, 20 etc.

j

18. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I was married at 21 to my HS sweetheart, 2 kids at 26 (twins) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, and now I am approching 30.

Don't get too worked up about where you think you should be in life, you're only 22. Now if you were 42, maybe I would be concerned. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

What is the status of the girl at the Schucks counter? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

1. Gotten Engaged -check /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    2. Gotten Married -check /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    3. Having Children -check /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    4. Having more children -well yeah I have a couple HS friedns with 2 kids /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    5. Or option 5, joined the military -check /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I know how ya feel. I'm 25 and all my friends from HS and College are alot futher along 'in their lives' than I am mine. Most all of the college friends have jobs in there majors though... I'm trying to get far away from mine /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

No serious girlfriends, no serious job offers on the table and all my buddies I used to run around with are gone or have wives/kids that take up all their time.
    So I feel like the third wheel on a motorcycle /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

(and those saying... ' Hey theres no thrid wheel on a motorcycle! ' Thats the point... feel kind of left out /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

But then again, my mom's dad got married at 27 and my my uncle got married at 26 (after a short couple months dating - see #3). And things worked out for them in the long run... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What is the status of the girl at the Schucks counter?

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 and soon to be #2