Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Man I'm not sure if I'm supose to be happy or sad?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Man I\'m not sure if I\'m supose to be happy or sad?

Well we are a two K5 family. We have my 75 trail truck and my wifes 79 Blazer. The 79 was our first Blazer....well it was my Blazer and my wife stole it from me and Then I got the 75. We have owned that truck 6 years now. It's been a good truck. Had to rebuild the tranny and I put a Crate engine in it. It's EXTREMELY RELIABLE truck. Fires right up even on the coldest morning.

Well 2 years ago this week we had our second child come along. With the baby it just wasn't working for my wife but she has been making due. We talked about getting a 4 door for her. I kept sugesting a 90 or so burb but she kept saying she wanted a car. She's not a tall woman and lifting a now 22lb kid UP into a K5 even her stock K5 has been a difficult for her. She didn't want to sell it either but as the baby grows it's becoming more difficult for her. It has just got to the point where it had to be done.

Well last Thursday or Friday I put an add up in the for Sale section. I already have a very interested buyer and will know in the next day or two for sure but it looks sold. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I just didn't expect for it to be gone so quick. That truck has been part of the family for quite a while now. My Youngest came home in the truck. We took our vacations in that truck. Funny thing is I have only one vehicle I have ever owned longer than that truck and that's my 70 LeMans.

Things are just not going to seem right when I come home and that thing isn't sitting in the Driveway anymore. Now I need to find a good reliable 4 door car VERY quick. I hate working on cars. Just no room to move around when working on them. My supra is a fun vehicle but when you have to jack it up to change the oil it's a pain. The cars she is interested are going to be about the same hassle. Might sit high enough to get up on ramps. Supra is so low it can't even do that.

Need to get the 79 cleaned up and ready to travel for the soon to be new owners. Good thing is the guy that is brokering the 79 for a buddy of his is one of our members and I know it's going to go to somebody that is going to be a member here.

Ohh well I think I'll go mope for a little while about this.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Man I\'m not sure if I\'m supose to be happy or sad?

It's a sad day Grimmy.../forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rene

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Bummer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif At least you'll get to visit it once in a while.

So sorry that you have to get a car (but I'd make you do it too if I had to lug around babies and groceries). /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel, I have a 14y, 4y, 2y and one on the way..(need a school bus) we had a Tahoe but that was too small, so I just got her a Envoy that will seat the whole fam plus some....

5. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Grim, How about a mini Blazer? My wife has a 95 S-10 that we bought for her new. It has about 65000 miles on it now and has been a great family car. We'll drive it untill it dies.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I understand how you feal, A couple of years ago I sold my beloved race car. a 64 lemans. I had that car for 15 years, from street car, to mild race car, to balls out race car, to balls out street car. My wife was shocked when I finally decided to sell it. It breaks your heart!
    I know it's not the same, but have you considered a 4 door S-10? My wife is driving one now while I get plans for her next fullsize. She had one before when our daughter was younger. I know it's just not the same, but atleast it's family!

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Man why did you have to Say LeMans? I have a 70 LeMans Sport convertable sitting in the garage that I need to restore. Lost oil pressure 5 years ago and I haven't had time or money to mess with it. I have thought about selling it as well /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My vote would go to an Impala SS, but thats prolly not in the $$ range. You could always go with a caprice LT1 wagon. 94-96 are the best years. Or even a 4 door caprice sedan w/ the LT1. Good cars with great mileage. I get 26mpg with my 94 SS. Plus they run forever. Many cop cars w/300k plus on them.
    I hope all works out for you. Let us know what you decide on.

John

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Thought about Cherokee?They have good onroad manners,lower than K trucks,still decent offroaders,4 doors,decent milage and last well.Wifes ran over 250,000 and was still good when it sold.Changing subject.I go to an police impound auction sometimes.Missed deal on 95 Impala SS for $3200 in exelent shape.most are open to public.Have seen MOM cars go for really low prices.Look for Vice confication cars,most of them are good runners.The one I go to is in Nashville,Tn. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer in TENN /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I said leMans BECAUSE you said you had one! I figured since we seem to share interests, It would help to know other people in similar situation!1 I didn't mean to bring up more sadness!! I am sorry!

11. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Go with the S-10 Blazer! It's not the same as the K5 but it'll do. My wifes Camaro got totaled out in an accident last year so she got a Blazer Extreme (2 dr). I wanted her to get the regular 4 dr but she wanted something that hadled better. Atleast go look at one. What ever you decide good luck.

12. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

dude, thats sad. how much were you gonna sell it for? im sorry to hear that it is going away. id look into a crown vic/grand marquis. big enough for a vacation, and low, and also good street manners. we almost got one, but found a 2000 neon with 9987 miles for 8000. good deal, so we grabbed it

hope you get it sold for what you want