Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MAN!!!![mad] Where do you all...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Jun 5, 2001.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

keep getting all these deals on the 14 ff's and Dana's?????[​IMG]

Steve Fox for President, 2004.
    Jimi Hendrix was re-incarnated in 1990 as my....JIMI

2. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Go to your local junkyard....You will find one!

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Confusious say: If you look, you shall find!

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>You just gotta find someone who doesnt know what they have. My dad scored an entire 83 1 ton drivetrain (I have the rear and trans) behind a barn 3 miles from NYC for $400. Whenever I drive around in rural areas I see rotted out 3/4 ton trucks in front of houses for sale for cheap. This stuff is out there and not hard to find.</font color=blue>

[image]http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/53-288682-mudpit3.jpg[/image]

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

All the yards here are crammed with foreign cars. Hardly any 4x4's in any of the junk yards.......

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

LOL, I was just being a Smarta$$..... Foreign cars in TN? Dang, i thought it would be filled with p/u and 4x4 junkyards! I would start calling your local yards and see if they know of some 4x4 yards. Or have them do a teletype and find you one. It would be best, like someone else said, to go to a yard that doesn't know trucks to get a cheaper price.

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

7. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Well, I tried that at this one place while looking for a driver door for van... And they knew exactly what I was trying to do.... He said every F'ing cowboy on this side of the Mississppi is lloking for those DAWG GAWN THANGS!!!!
    Sounded like FAWNICs helped him too. Anyway he started saying $750.00 each when he gets them..

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

$750 for a 14 bolt???? [​IMG] Holy crap Batman! You do know that almost every 2wd 3/4 ton Chev came with the same diff right? around here its worth no more than $250 Canadian pesos...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

9. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I got both my D44 and 14bolt for $200.00!!!

10. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Must be tough pickins' where you are at. For the 14-bolt FF's, I could completely load up the back of my pickup with 14's within a 50 mile radius and pay no more than $250 a piece tops. For the 10-bolt and 44 fronts, they are the same way. The little junkyard down the street will sell any front or rear axle (except for a Dana 60, which are tough to find) for about $100.

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I once picked up a D60 and 14FF out of a truck and paid $250.00 for the pair. [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

12. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

You mean a Dana 60 is worth more than a Dana 44?!! Ha! Just kidding. Wow. I guess that really upstaged my deal!

13. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

I was scouting around the local indian reservation and cam across a 1984 single wheel 1 ton. I picked it up for $400 with
    dana 60 14 bolt 400-205 combo. ac cab and good front clip
    plus tons of little parts. A reservation is a good place to start.
    they will drive vehicles till they dont run anymore and then park them. Make sure you see them 2 or 3 weeks after they get there government check because they will be much more willing to sell. Keep looking and you will find. Just a matter of time. Also farms are great place to look for broken one tons.

"IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN STUCK.....YOU'VE NEVER BEEN WHEELIN"!!!

14. thatK30guy

Yep. Around here, for me, its all farm trucks that I search for.
    What exactly are and where are the reservations? Here in town, one of the body shop guys was given a 55 or 56 panel wagon car from a reservation somewhere in Arizona, I think. The car was free for the taking and he drove down and trailered it back home. It was rust free so he restored it and sold it for something like $20,000.00!!! [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

15. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

there's an 87 one ton for sell in Utah for $3800. Add said it was 'really' clean. Wish I had the $$ to pick it up right now!

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

16. thatK30guy

DAMMIT!!! I wished I had the funds too!!! [​IMG] Seems like Utah and Colorado ALWAYS have the better K30's than any other place. I should know, I bought the last 3 from both states. [​IMG]

People say I have an 'attitude problem'. If you think I have an 'attitude', then you have a 'problem'!!!

17. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

The secret is CASH. Drive around with cash in your pocket and if you see something you want, ask them if they want to sell it. The worst they can do is say NO. But most people think alittle different with cash in thier face.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Protect the land FOR the people
    Not FROM the people

18. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Ok...Somebody clear something up for me... Yes I can read but the retension sucks...[​IMG]

If I get a 14 ff out of a 2wd will it work for me if I get the 4wd axles? Also with all other units. Say I can get a 12 botl 2wd rear for 100 right now..Can I got get 6 lug 4wd axles and install them?

I keep seeing references to 3/4 and 1`/2 ton vans and such. I aint never seen no 4wd vans... So somebody educate me please.....Im just a 10 bolt expert, since I have spent more than $1000 oin my 10's..... Help me before I spend more.....

19. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

Man, isn't it your bedtime again? You don't make no sense this late at night boss. lol still been pricing my exhaust. this is gonna be one expensive SOB. Oh well. After the exhaust I have to fix the interior so the gf will ride in the truck with me. Would anybody like to donate to the Josh needs [censored] for his truck fund? Oh, anyway I can borrow one of your rear panels to make a template off of? I stole some big pieces of cardboard tonight from work to make them on.

Hi, my name is Josh, and I'm a bandwidthaholic. I've been bandwidth free for 1 week.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://josh.coloradok5.com>http://josh.coloradok5.com</A>

20. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Sure thing.... Chat room