Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Man, my timing sucks...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Sep 17, 2001.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Jun 1, 2001
    I have been planning on installing a dual battery setup in my truck for quite some time. I have been gathering all the aprts I needed from various sources for well over a month. For several weekes, I have had waht I needed, just kept getting bumped down the priority list. R&P swap took longer than expected and really bumped it recently.

Well, I was going to do it this past weekend. But, in light of all the turmoil last week, I decided the family needed a vacation. We went to Arlington TX for the weekend, relaxed by the hotel pool, and spent two days at Six Flags getting away from it all. But, Sunday, as we were getting ready to leave, I discovered that I had left my parking lamps on from the previous night. And... you guessed it, battery DEAD!

No one seemed to be able to help. Called my roadside assistance people and it took them an hour to get there. Everything picked up from there. BUT, if I had that dual system finished, all I would've had to do is flip that switch!

Oh well. I am DEFINITELY finishing it this weekend! Anyone ever installed a buzzer on the light switch in their rig for buzzing when the ignition is off and the lights are left on? I may want to install one of these as well.

A new day.... May God be with us all.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Tribute</a>
  2. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Jan 2, 2001
    I have a buzzer that jimmy-rigs into the fuse block, cost $4 at K-mart. Installs in under 5 mins. I ripped out the stock buzzer because the seat belt buzzer pisses me off.

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd