Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

man, putting in a 250 in a SBC truck is not something i recommend doing...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Sep 15, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

well i went to salvage yards today in springfield to see about finding a 73-up 250 truck and not only did i not find one for parts but i ran across one that the guy who owns one yard put a 250 in and it has the accelerator cable bracket mounted to the intake in a way that cannot be done on the 69 year intake and 250 engine i am putting in the 78, the cable bracket mounts to a screw hole boss thats cast part of the top side of the intakem anifold behind the carb towards the firewall at about cylinder #5 almost.

plus i have an auto tranny going behind the engine in this truck and wlel i amnot gonna be able ot find the bracket for that cable either since i am running 74-older style manifolds and the carb is 70older carb and back then they have the rod style pedal linkage from the firewall in which went away in 71

so you know what......

this is gonna be pure custom, im gonna have to get smart and creative with the 5.0L acclerator cable thats in the 78 truck and with some v-8 accelerator cable and th350 intake mounted brackets, even if i have to drill screw holes into the intake manifold to mount them or one of them.

hopethe cable is long enough, or ill have to extend that,

damn.

and still have yet to locate engine mount brackets for the engine block..

this was supposed ot be a basic low buck swap/conversion, but damn, GM changed the 6 cyl setup every three years at the very most apparently. and none of them exist anymore except 70-older, evne though the 250 was std equipment in pretty much everything cept the 1 tons since way back and through atleast the 80s somietime, you would think they would be everywhere, but i guess no one wanted 6 cyl in their trucks, not even GM ?

one yard had atleast three 63-66 pickups with 6 cyl, but they are the common old style carb and rod linkage,. and there was a 75 lemans with pontiac straigyht six and th350 but damn whole bunch different from a chevy 250, way too much

man..

crazy huh ?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

can;t say I've ever seen a straight 6 chevy pickup, well one at the local yard but that is some project a guy put a 4.9L Ford motor in.

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Re: man, putting in a 250 in a SBC truck is not something i recommend doing

The emissions sticker under the hood of my K5 says 250 1bbl. I'm glad somebody swapped it!

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    can;t say I've ever seen a straight 6 chevy pickup, well one at the local yard but that is some project a guy put a 4.9L Ford motor in.

[/ QUOTE ] Inline 6's are comman in old farm pick-ups here in the mid-west.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    here in the mid-west.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where? I've never seen one.

Since when is SD the midwest?

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

most of the farm trucks I deal with are dually 454 equipped 2wds, different power demands in PA I guess.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I grew up in Omaha, Ne. and seen lots of 6cyl pick ups around, Mostly in the smaller hick towns. And as far as I'm concerned, SD is still the Mid-west. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif