Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Man, this truck is built right!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Suburban, Aug 26, 2006.

1. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Is that boggerless?

3. 78Suburban

I think his truck is green like mine..

this truck is in GA if i'm not mistaken..

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

that's just a run of the mill truck. whats so "nice" about it? too much lift, body lift. the 1 tons and bobbing of the bed are the only thing that sets this truck apart from most other trucks out there.

5. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Don't worry about beater, he just is too stuck in the zombie mindset of anything over 4-6" is useless. ;) Then again CK5 can do that to ya' if your not careful.

I like it, it's exactly what mine looks like except he actually has the guts to back it up. I'll be there some day.

-Avery

6. 78Suburban

The fast that it doesn't have blocks, half tons, stock pushpull steering, 3.08's.......alll that kinda sets it apart from some of the trucks I've seen around here :doah:

7. orangeGMC

orangeGMC 1/2 ton status

He wants 6 grand for that. I am selling mine for 5000.

OrangeGMC 014.jpg

8. 78Suburban

Your truck is NICE.. if I had the money and was local, I would seriously be considering it :bow:

9. orangeGMC

orangeGMC 1/2 ton status

Thanks alot. Tell your friends, tell everyone. I gotta sell it.

10. Avery4jc

Man you still haven't found a buyer for that yet? I figured that sold months ago.

-Avery

11. orangeGMC

orangeGMC 1/2 ton status

I haven't even had anyone call, come look, or send a e-mail with any interest. I am starting to think its hopeless. I even offered to part it. No luck either.

12. Avery4jc

That's really too bad, it is much farther along than my truck and similar to what I have style/lift wise so if you were closer I'd check it out. Good luck man.

I can't believe that nobody around there would want those axles already done and ready to go. What were you asking for them?

-Avery

13. orangeGMC

orangeGMC 1/2 ton status

I suggested $1500 for the pair. But I expected to be negotiated with. It took me 8 months just to find the Dana 60 let alone the time to build it.

14. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

its a nice truck, duno why it hasnt sold

15. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

I knew long before CK5 that over 4 inches was useless. Was the plan long ago. Plan was a 4 inch lift and 38's. Then I found a deal on 42's, so I snatched them. Will be a 4 inch lift and 42's now.

I agree that the truck is well built, but way, way too tall for my taste. Lower it about 7-8 inches and call it done. Probably works pretty good for mud.

Don't worry James, you'll find a 60 soon enough.

16. 78Suburban

I may have a very good line on some 40's, so I sure hope so :D

17. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Looked like a good one to me if you could get the ones with the most tread. Better look into it quick! :D

18. orangeGMC

orangeGMC 1/2 ton status

Around here is a swamp that we can play in and it keeps getting deeper ergo the higher the trucks get. Not very flexy, but mud is no question.

19. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

here's why...

Its due to the high gas prices,low wages,and cost of insuring and registering the trucks here up in the northeast thats killing sales...no one has looked at,or even asked about my 79 C10,and its not a rotbox like 99% of them are up here..the fact its a 2wd doesn't help either,everyone wants a 4x4 up here..

'm not asking for an outrageous price either--I wanted to get at least 900 bucks --wanted more,but now full sized trucks aren't bringing much $$ at all,even newer ones!....for a truck I feel is worth 1500 bucks,due to its being emisson exempt,and in decent shape..(and 1500 buys SQUAT up here for a running,driving truck of ANY vintage)..but everyone says its not worth that much...I dissagree,I'd be paying more if I found another one in the same condition..

No one I know has any money to spare,even "rich" people are holding back buying anything,or want it given to them at a giveaway price--the few folks who are buying anything here are taking advantage of the ones selling good vehicles cheaply due to dire circumstances --most I've been offered for my truck was 500 bucks--I paid more than that for it,AND bought and installed a 305 V8--I'll KEEP it and let it rot in my backyard before I give it away that cheep!..

Hope you sell your truck Orange GMC!--don't let strokers try and jew you down just because your broke..your truck is very desireable,and they KNOW it--they will try to get it cheap,then make a killing when THEY re-sell it!..

You should bring it to Stafford Springs october swap meet,or Thompson Speedway's swap meet in november,if you still have it then...someone there will likely buy it!..I've sold a few trucks at both places just by putting a for sale sign with my phone # on it in their parking lot!..

I asked at one junkyard if they were interested in buying my truck--they said "Sure,we'll buy it--drive it up on the scale,its 100 bucks a ton!"...I said "no thanks,I'm not ready to junk it"...:mad:

I know damm well they would have put it out on the lot for sale with a 1500 dollar price tag on it,and it would sell too!..seems people will pay top dollar if a car lot, or dealer is selling a used truck--but want private owners to give them the truck for a song--then come back and whine about every little quirk the truck might have,like they bought it brand new..:screwy: :cool: ..

I'm to the point where I don't care if it sells..I hate dealing with strokers!..:crazy: