Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

man what a night!!! kinda long..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BIG*RED, Jul 2, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

so tonight the ex called and was in a horriable mood. she was trying to change her oil in her mustang. but her car sits kinda low, and she couldn't figure out a place to put the floor jack, and she was using a creeper and her hair was getting caught in the wheels. and her garage was a disaster and she couldn't find anything. she was not happy at all..so i suggested that she put the jack under the pinch weld, to lift her car, well she didn't know what that was, and i tried to explain it to her over the phone, and then when she was bending down to look where i was telling her, her hair fell in her face and she got even more upset. so i said, "hang on, i'll be there in like three minutes" and she said "fine" and hung up. so i get over there, and she was definatly not in a good mood..swearing, and going on about how everything was f'ed up, and her car was this and that. so i just paitently, listend to her, and calmly showed her what a pinch weld was, and she went to put the jack under there, and it wasn't working right, and her hair was getting in her way again, and she was getting more upset. so i kindly and calming said "why don't you let me try" and i was able to get her car jacked up and placed on jack stands. so then she asked me if i would help her for a min. i said "of course" and she wanted to poor some used oil out of her oil conatiner, in to a couple half gallon bottles, so that there was room in the container for the oil. and she asked if i would hold the half gallon bottle while she poored "no problem" i said. and as she started to poor, she slipped a little and dumped used oil all over my hands and arm. and got upset somemore. i calmly told her "hey its ok, its not like this is the first time i've had oil on my hands" so we got that taken care of, and she got on her creeper and rolled under the car. and i handed her a rachet and socket. and she couldn't find the oil drain plug...simple mistake, it was dark and we were wroking by flash lite at this time, and she just rolled to far under. and i was doing my best not to laugh and nicely tell her to look above her head. and she looked every where but there. and of course she started to get even more pissed. so i reached under and grabebd the creeper and slid her over and kindly and nicely, put my finger on the drain plug, and "said its right here babe"..well she started to try to lossen the plug and was getting upset because it wasn't moving, so i kindly told her, to reverse the rachect becasue she was tightening not lossening. and she got mad some more and started to say how "dumb and stupid" she was, and i kindly told her, no she wasn't dumb or stupid, and that it was just a simple mistake. so she got the plug off, and i saw that the oil filter was gonna be a bear to get out and i knew she did not have a filter wrench.. so instead of watching her try to get it out, knowing that it would probably be the thing that pushed her "over the edge" i crawled under there and musculed it off by hand for her. by this time i new she needed a little break. so i got her a beer, and crawled back under and put her drain plug back in, put the new filter on, and then she filled up the oil. then i got the front back on the ground, and she wanted to change her fuel filter also, so i lifted the back of her car and crawled under there, and of course you need those little tools to remove the fuel line to get the filter off, and she didn't have them, so i told her where she could buy them and that we would do it then. so i then lowered her car back down, and checked and filled the rest of her fluids. and then she mentiond that her car alarm was not working, so i looked it over..mind you its almost 10pm, by now, and i found a ground wire had come lose, so i fixed that for her. and we got everything done about 10pm. and i helped her clean up..now mind you i was in my brand new shorts,, and my last good white t-shirt, which is now filthly and oil stained. but oh well on that. by now she was calmed down and relaxed. oh and i want to state..she is not dumb or stupid when it comes to cars..she works on hers all the time, and when there is something she doesn't know, i have always walked her through it, and she enjoys working on cars, and has changed oil many many times..she was just to upset, and to fustrated, and wasn't thinking straight. but through all the yelling and swearing and put downs, and spilled oil, and things thrown, and things kicked. i remaind calm and polite and nice. so by the time we finished and where sitting smoking a ciggerette, she said she would take me out to dinner, and we got cleaned up, and she gave me one of her shirts to wear...no not a girly shirt - she has some "guy" shirts with cars and stuff on them..she can be a tomboy at times, but look to kill at others...one of the many reasons i'm still in love with her..and we book it down to Auburn to Chevys. well even though she said she would take me to dinner. i, being the nice guy i am paid for dinner. then we walked over to longs drugs, to walk off the meal a little, and i ended up getting her some sandles she liked, and lip gloss, oh and i got my self some toilet paper :D so we got back to her house and she asked if i wanted to go to the river with her tomorrow..and i said ok, and so i headed up to ralphs grocery store, to get some goddies for the river, its about 1am now. and i don't know how..although i do know it was worn out..but i drove the k5 over a curb by mistake and i hear a god awefull scraping noise, and banging and clunking..so i stop and get out, and my dang front drive shaft was dragging on the ground! so i open the back of the k5 and what do i see? NOTHING! i have been moving my things into storage because i have to move out of here and i haven't found a palce yet, and i took my toolbox out, so i could haul things and didn't put it back in..so i think ok, i'll go into ralphs and i know i can get a cheepy cresent wrench and unbolt the drive shaft. so i go to pay for it, and i don't have enough cash on me, becasue i paid for dinner. so i wip out the ol debit card, and DECLINED! what!? i say..turns out my card expired the last day of June..Thursday, and the bank hadn't sent me a new one yet..so great..i have money but can't get to it, and the credit union won't be open till tuesday..this is gonna be a long crappy holiday weekend, since i can't get to my money!..anyways i walk around the back of the store and find some plastic tie type things in the dumpster. so i use those to tie up the drive shaft and get home..which by the way its now 3:30am..and i'm susposed to be up at 7:30am to go to the river..so yeah WHAT A NIGHT! and this just goes to show you my kind of luck..i be a nice guy and help out the ex, and buy dinner..and what does "karma" do for me? i get a ruined shirt, and shorts, a dropped front driveshaft, and a expired debit card..oh yeah, and being that i just recently got out of the hospital, i really wasn't susposed to be jacking up cars and crawling around them. and my head is killing me right now..Man its great to be me! not! lol...

2. google

google 1/2 ton status

Wow, what a night. But you did good. Good on you!!

3. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

well at least i got some toilet paper! needed that after eating at chevys! :D

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

guess your feeling better!

You must be doing well if your able to crawl under a car and do an oil change so soon after your surgury!...glad you are doing well!-- You are a good person to help someone who does not always treat you as well as you do them...I know firsthand how that feels!...hang in there..good things will come your way as long as you follow the good books plan...dont let little things like dropped driveshafts and expired credit cards bother you..your health is way more important!.. :crazy:

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

one word... paragraphs.... ;)

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i really have to seconed that, funny story, but i know you loved getting you shirt and shorts all dirty even if it was you last pair.

ps diesel4me, you too cn learn from the paragraph coment some times lol!

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

ah, leave him alone ya big bully. :D

8. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ah, its 3rd grade English all over! ;)

and i may be big, alright, fat, but i'm no bully... :wink1:

now where'd i put that twinkie? :doah: :crazy: :ignore: