Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Man whats up with ORD???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bckinblk, Jun 9, 2003.

1. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Last wed I called and ordered a steering brace kit and a poly t-case mount. The gentleman I spoke to said that they did not have the t-case mount in stock So I asked when they would get them in and he told me tommorow (THURS)So I agreed and payed for the parts with 3 day shipping and was told that my parts would be here on tues of the following week.Here it is monday and I recieved no tracking# so I called them and they told me that the t-case mount did'nt come in .So here it is 4 days later and they did'nt call me to tell me that the parts would not be here on time .WTF I got a rental car for the time the k-5 is down .Now I have to bring back the rental and I am on foot .I have never done business with ORD before and I don't know what to think .I know mistakes happen But I explained to the guy that I desperatly needed these parts by tues and he said no problem Now I am Screwed because they could'nt even call to let me know what was up..I don't mean to put ORD down in any way but I am very dissapointed that they could not call or e-mail me .Which put me in a serious bind..I have read great things about ORD on this site and was looking forward to doing buisiness with them But now I am not sure I will in the future??? Sorry about the long rant but man this sucks.......... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

You may wanna post this in the ORD forum here so they can see it too.

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

man, sorry that your deal didn't go through as well as it should. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but they are the first ones i go to when i need something. i've bought parts from them several times and it has always been the same. great service and turnaround time.

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I second the posting this in the ORD forum... Stephen surfs that forum often, you may catch his attention.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sorry about the hassle, we had no idea that was the situation. We were hoping for wednesday to get the parts to you (ship friday by 3 day select) but the warehouse didn't have them in stock and couldn't get them here till tuesday which would still have the parts to you by friday which I thought was the big day time wise.
    I know it doesn't help much but I'll drop a shirt and/or some stickers in the box for you.

6. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

I know what You mean, I sent an e-mail over a month ago now . Wanting to know about which part's of a 203 to keep, and which one's to toss, in getting ready for a doubler kit from them. Still have'nt heard back.

I was going to buy a Doubler kit from them, now I don't know if I will, or not. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Uhhmmm Don....^He's right there^

Oh and Stephen...
    [ QUOTE ]
    I know it doesn't help much but I'll drop a shirt and/or some stickers in the box for you.

[/ QUOTE ] Did I mention the crappy service (NOT) I got , shall I send you my address for the free shirt and stickers LMAO.....J/K /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Don:

Your best bet would be to do a search in the ORD forum right here at CK5, brother. If the answer's not there, post your question in that forum and I'm sure Stephen will get back to you.

9. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I know what You mean, I sent an e-mail over a month ago now . Wanting to know about which part's of a 203 to keep, and which one's to toss, in getting ready for a doubler kit from them. Still have'nt heard back.

I was going to buy a Doubler kit from them, now I don't know if I will, or not. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they check their e-mail there...I sent em one a while back also..when I'm ready to order I'll just call em that way I can deal with them personally.

10. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

I have done alot of businees with ORD. Granted ya can spend some time waiting, but it so worth it when you recieve their parts. I plan of doing more business with them in the future. I have learned to wait to start my projects until the parts arrive /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Very simply put, quality takes time.

I remember a saying that I heard once back in my IT days....

"Lack of proper planning on your part doesn't create an emergency on my part"

Actually I do the very same, I have a project I know I'm going to want to do, I first do a lot of research on the project. Find all the sources for parts on said project, then I price out the parts at various places. Then I collect all the needed parts and plan a day to start the project. That way there are no last minute needs, unless its something small like running out of RTV, or lack of bolts.

I have ordered a lot from ORD in the past (Tuff Country EZ ride fronts, front shackles, zero rates, steering gusset kit, weld on repair kit, shackle flip, greaseable bolts) and I haven't been more pleased with the service and quality of the parts.

Only issue I have ever had with ORD is the black polyurethane bushings that are cracking on me, but Stephen has since told me that when I'm ready to replace them to give him a call and he'll get me some new ones.

What more can you ask for?

12. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Did I mention the crappy service (NOT) I got , shall I send you my address for the free shirt and stickers LMAO.....J/K /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah, I got crappy service when I bought my zero rates, flip, brace and discos... um, yeah, it sucked, so can I have a sticker? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ORD has good service, and good stuff. Sometimes things happen and they can be slow. But I'll wait for good stuff, it's worth it... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've bought a few things from ORD. The service was great, The parts are of the highest quality, and they arived sooner then I expected. Sorry too hear about your troubles, but I wouldn't blame ORD for things out of thier controle (Warehouse out of stock on the part you need). If I'm waiting on a part, I normally call the company myself for info updates. I've been very happy with ORD's products and service so far.

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Four posts up from yours, the guy named "Stephen" w/ the green truck in his avatar, can probably help you w/ whatever you need at ORD /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

John

15. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have learned to wait to start my projects until the parts arrive

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN brotha, on a daily driver especially /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and your only means of trans port?

16. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm in the service buisness. Sometimes things happen with the suppliers that is just beyond your control. They give bad estimates as to when the stuff will be ready and unfortunatly when they don't come thought your screwed as a buisness and it's your name that is getting tarnished not the company that actualy caused the issue.

I have delt with Stephen (ORD) a few times in the past and he has alwasy given me great service and been up front when he had issues that he was aware of with his suppliers.

17. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

Every time I've dealt with ORD, I've gotten great customer service and always come away feeling great. Sounds like you had a one-time flub and they are doing what they can to make it right.

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was going to buy a Doubler kit from them, now I don't know if I will, or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the hell else would you get one? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I agree with the others, ORD totally kicks the crap outta other panty-waisted 4x4 shops! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

19. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I hate to say it, but there is some truth in what's being said here...

ORD is one of the "premier" shops for parts, and my suspicion is that due to their participation at TTC, and on CK5, and "word of mouth"....they are experiencing a huge increase in demand for their products. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I received a "tour" of the ORD shop recently, and I can tell you there is a lot of work going on....that place is BUSY!!!!

It's a tough position to be in....I suppose Stephen could try to hire more people and raise his all of his prices to cover the additional expense, OR he can do his best to increase efficiency to keep his overhead costs the same (and keep the product pricing the same too!) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One thing that has NOT changed is the quality of Stephen's products. I don't think anyone here would be happy to receive parts "fast" if they weren't made right, or had lower quality..... I think we've reached a point where if you want to do business with ORD, you need to expect that things are going to take a little longer than "the good ole days" to ship. Regardless of the "wait", Stephen will continue to get my business!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

20. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

everyone seems to be telling this guy all the reasons he should just accept it...and (suprise, suprise...ho,ho) i disagree.

If a vendor (and I don't care who) says Tuesday, it means Tuesday. It doesn't mean Friday, or some time next week. If something happens with a supplier, if I'm forking over my money, i deserve at least a phone call to the effect of "Beyond our contorl, ship out ASAP, thanks for your patience."

In my line of work, you live and die by deadlines. I accomploish things on time, or explain why I can't before hand so no one is left pissing into the wind. I expect others to keep their words as to when they will finish their end of the deal.

Can i send my payment for a Doubler 5-7 days late? Or wait to send in my money for some beadlocks until the vendor posts up? HELL NO! I got to pay up front. So be upfront about when things will ship and call people if it won't. USA6x6 is by far the worst of all vendors I have seen on this.

In closing: 2 way communication is key in C2B relations, customers expect it, and should get it.

the end.