Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manifold vacuum for booster, please help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by avgas, Apr 24, 2004.

1. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to switch my k5 back to a quadrajet. But the quadrajet does not have a vacuum fitting on the back for the booster like the edelbrock I am replacing. Will it work to T-off from the vacumm fitting on the manifold that supplies vacuum for the transmission and the heater???

Anyone else ever come accross any problems like this?

-jake

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I know on the Edelbrock manifold there is a threaded port behind the carb for a vac booster fitting.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

yeah thats what I have, but prior to now it just had tranny and heater vacumm lines going to it, so I guess it would probably be ok to T-off somehow and relocate my brake boster to there.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

its not a problem at all, the carb was just from a non power brake vehicle is all if there is not even a threaded plug threaded in the rear center of carb base

yes anywhere on intake or in base of carb will work, it is all intake vacuum same

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Unthread the adapter fitting for the booster hard line from the back of the Edelbrock, thread it onto quadrajet , and you should be fine. I had my friends Edelbrock on my truck for awhile while I waited for my Quadrajet and the adapter threaded right on . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif