Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manifold

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85Jimmy, May 25, 2002.

1. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

Which intake manifold is best for the $ on a sb chev? weiand stealth, weiand action+, edl performer, performer rpm, or the new performer eps. Thanks- Chris

2. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i've run edelbrock performers on damn near everything i've own and love them.just my 2 cents

3. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I've always had good runnin with edelbrock too, going with the performer on my 400 build up next.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

performer. to me there is no ? about it. i have always had great performance out of mine and it is ver nice to the wallet compaired to the rest.
    grant

5. 85Jimmy

Which performer would be the best the E.P.S. the R.P.M. or just the plain performer? Thanks- Chris

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have the regular performer. if you have egr get that one. just to keep it easy when it comes time for inspection.
    grant

7. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

i have the weiand stealth on my nova. it was recommended to me since it has a broader RPM range. i think the edelbrock one is idle to 5500 RPM (??), but was told it starts dropping off at 5000 RPM, whereas the stealth is idle to 6000 RPM (?), it is a good intake. i seriously doubt you'd be revving up your truck motor to 5500-6000 RPMS anyway!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

oh, if you chose the edelbrock intake, you'd probably want the EPS or regular Performer series (you might want to check into the Air Gap, but might have to check for hood clearance?). also, the RPM series moves the RPM range higher (1500-6500 RPM)

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

EPS looks cool I guess...not MUCH gain, but if its the same cost and has the same features (EGR, etc) as the regular Performer, why not?

9. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

If you are concerned about emissions, you will need an EGR model. I think the regular Performer is the only one with that setup (of the Edelbrocks). If you are not concerned with emissions, I would go with the Performer Air Gap. it keeps things cooler and looks cool too (although it holds mud!). The RPM model is more specific to higher RPMs. Our rigs usually need more low-end grunt.

10. 85Jimmy

I don't care about the egr or any smog crap its allready all gone. Has anyone tried the e.p.s.? Thanks- Chris