Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manny's 83 K10 (INDEX)(56K) Manny answers his critics and FALSE ACCUSATIONS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MuddinManny, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I wanna seem more of this truck.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

post up the current specs of the truck...noob:haha:

looks good, nice clean truck.

4. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Hey Muddybuddy,

okay, currently,

1983 Chevy K10 4x4 Fleetside, long bed
    5.7L/350 V8 I Gen Short Block
    Edelbrock Elevated Intake
    Holly 4BBL Carb
    Accel HEI Distributor
    MSD Wires
    Superlift 8" Suspension Lift
    10 Bolt Front/Rear, 4.56 Limited Slips
    13.50x39.5x15 Iroks
    15x10 Progressive Rims
    SM465 "Granny" w/NP208 Transfer Case

What's in-store...

Well, so far I've let loose to y'all...

Rhino lined the bed, over the rails
    383 Stroker ( Details to come )
    Dana 60 Front, 4.56's, Power-Lok
    GM 14 Bolt FF, 4.56's, Detroit Locker, JRW Disc Brake Brackets, 76-78 Eldorado Calipers w/emergency brake cables.
    10" Superlift Swamp Runner suspension
    15x39.5x17 TSL's on American Eagle 589's 17x10 4.5 BS
    Buckstop Winch Bumper
    Warn 16.5Ti up front

that's all the candy you get right now....you'll just have to keep tabs on the noob :D

:haha::haha::haha:

Manny

Oh, yeah, almost forgot...Mom and Dad live in Tidewater. I passed you by when I drove out to Texas. Will be bringing the truck home to Virginia soon. Maybe we can hook up and do some MUDDIN' Virginia style. No???

5. muddybuddy

Im in Fairfax (northern VA, 20min from DC:doah:). im at school in harrisonburg but if you give me some notice i might be able to get home to get my truck and we might be able to meet up. why you ditch'n the iroks? i love mine, they ride awesome on the road and i didnt even balance them. I just wish they were a little better in mud, but i duno if i got stuck cuz the pit was too deep or if it was cuz iroks suck in mud. next step will be 42" iroks. i'd like tsl's but they ride so rough on the street, but they do better in the mud. guess i need to say screw road manners and get some boggers:bow:

6. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Look at all the sweet candy just a'waitin' for my baby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahhh...new 10" pumps for me mudder! :D

I'm so stoked! Can't wait to get them in!

Manny

7. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

New Rubber today! Wahoo! 5 awesome 15x39.5x17 Super Swamper TSL's on American Eagle Alloy 17x10's. Check them out! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just love my new sneakers! Man, this is a dream and a hope come true! I'm ROFLMAO at everyone who said I wouldn't and couldn't do it! :haha::haha::haha:

More to come!

Manny

8. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Where did you get the wheels/tires from?

-Avery

9. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Hey Y'all,

Update.

I spoke with Mr. Janke, of Janke Engines, San Antonio, Texas. My 383 Stroker he built for me had its first dyno test Friday. With my Holley 4BBL 750cfm carburetor, the engine pulled 550 HP and 491 ft/lbs torque @ 6300 rpm. :bow: YOU GO MR JANKE! :bow: I am so stoked! It's got about 10 more runs to do, to seat everything, and a couple with an 850 cfm to see where we'll finally end up.

Pics coming shortly. I'll have the truck back in a week. Yahoo! :D Yes, I will post the dyno test to prove the final numbers.

Manny

10. muddybuddy

sweet!:bow: so it should be getting what 20-25mpg?:haha: :haha: :haha:

11. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

More like 35.

But seriously, my 383 is going about 14 running rich and out of tune.
    Torque is your friend

12. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't you be running Boggers?

13. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Hey K10,

Yup, you're right, I should be running Boggers! Boggers are a 383's best friend! :D However, I'm playin' it smart. I will be coming into some extra cash in a few months and will purchase the Boggers, 15x38.5x16's with AE 589's to run when I MUD. The TSL's will be offset for DD duties. Right now, to run Boggers, I'd go through them too quickly.

Manny

14. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is that your dd? thats a pretty awesome ride. nobody ever believed I would do something like that to my truck either. and they were right. I killed it before it ever got that big and now Im starting a new project. awesome hp too. I thought I was doin good with 350.

15. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

that is bad ass man!

16. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

My DD is a 2006 Ford Mustang GT. She's a sweet ride, but nothing like my K10. This is my first full size and I love it! My 383 was a fluke. I was on my way down from Waco. I just Rhino Lined the rig. My 350 had a little tick, but nothing major. I knew I had to adjust the valves. However, every once in a while, I hear a knock. When I got to my friends house, we looked at the engine, and Greg saw a bulge in the top of the drivers valve cover. So we decided to pull them. Here is what we found:

Number 5, both rockers were gone. The outter spring broke apart, the retainers let loose. 4 of the remaining rocker arms were dislodged and turned, rendering the valves dead. Three rods were loose, 1 down in the block, which upon the cam loabing, shot the rod into the valve cover. The strange thing is, my 350 showed NO and I mean NO signs of any damage. Power was still the same. None of the guys, including myself could understand it.

That's when I decided to have the 383 built. Believe me, I'm stoked! I'll be posting pictures shortly. Yeah, no one ever thought I could build this bad boy, but I have. It's a dream come true! I thank God. Don't put your 350 down. It's a good motor and I'm sure you're doin' well with it.

Thanks for your kind words.

Manny

17. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Hey Avery,

I got the tires from National Tire & Wheel, out of WV. I dealt with Paul who is awesome! I ordered 5, mounted, balanced, on new AE589's. Paul got them out to me right away. Fed Ex Freight wound up destroying 2 of 5, so they got sent back. Paul got me 2 new replacements within a week. Price I paid you might ask? Altogether, to the door, $2579.50.

I highly recommend Paul at National Tire & Wheel. I will continue to give them my tire business because of him. This was the first time I bought anything with NT&W. Kudos to the great customer service.

Thanks,

Manny

18. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

according to interco

boggers are a rear tire and tsl's are front tires due to their floatation qualities where your weight is. write to interco yourself if you want to hear it for yourself.
    on ur way back to va why don't you stop off in helena ark and play in some of this mississippi river gumbo, i'm positive we have some holes you wont go thru with 8'' of lift and 39.5''s, it doesn't matter how much power uhave.

there are several guys around here with 1000+ hp big blocks on the bottle with 18-22'' custom springs with d60's upfront with a spool and sterling rears with detroits and 44'' boggers and 49'' iroks and they can't make it thru, several places where EVERY1 goes around those holes on our trails.

if you ever set it down on the frame and underbelly, it will try and pull your floor pans off as you get pulled out, have actually seen it pull some floorpans off of rusted trucks!! don't get me wrong thats 1 radical ride ur putting together,
    but to go so far as saying no more getting stuck for you, then your just not trying to go places others can't. because i know 1 of these holes, i'm talking about, will take 8'' of lift and 39.5's and leave you sitting with mud over your hood,mud up on ur door glass!! and that 16.5ti won't do anything but keep breaking your cable!! theres always a bigger badder hole than any truck out there,

but still thats a nice rig ,

i hope those 2 yellow top optimas aren't just sitting on that concrete floor, some people say its not true but i've ruined several batteries by putting them directly on the concrete, looks like you may have some wood under them tho, really can't tell, what ever they sit on needs to be an insolator, no metal or conductive material, i don't know how it does it but concrete will kill cells in a battery not just discharge it!

19. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Looks like we have a mud expert in our midst. A long-winded one. :wink1:

What if I had a light weight J**P with a 50/50 weight distribution? Do you think Interco would let me run Boggers front and rear then?

I'm pretty sure Manny wasn't trying to say that he'd NEVER get stuck in any hole ever again. He's not a half-wit.

20. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

looking good man keep the updates coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.