Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mansion run

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clintsk5, Sep 17, 2000.

1. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

HEY...!!!....just got back from a bad-arse run up to an old mansion up in the Halaupai Mountains....went with 2 blazers and a f$#D!!!...Lat me stress the importance of battery hold down brakets!!..I thought mine was good enough!!..Well....nope..It got real tight and I had to climb up the sides to prevent scraping on the walls of the canyon...I got way twisted up...and the Blazer died!!!...in front of a F@@d guy too!!!...well it took me awhile to get out..the angle was pretty steep...and the blazer was smoking!!!I opened the hood and saw the battery on fire against the headers!!!...The positive terminal broke out of the battery grounded against the fenderwell and melted all over!....That's why it died...well after holding the cable against the battary to ge tit started and the duct taping the cable up....went on...decided to turn around..we were about ten miles in...but it was fun all the way!!!...If you guys ever get to Kingman Az.this trail is a blast....probaly a 3 to 3.5....but you can take some harder lines if your up to the challenge...and the moutains are real cool too!...snapped lots of pics...try to get them up monday or tuesday....!!!later taters....~CLINT~......