Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manual Clutch Pedal Swap Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Got a question for those who have swapped to a hydro manual setup from an auto tranny.

To get the clutch pedal in the truck do I need to use the whole pedal assembly from a hydro truck or can I just add in a clutch pedal with my auto pedals? This is the only part of the swap I am worried about.

Yes, I have seen the tech article but it looks like the guy dropped his steering column to do the swap. Is that necessary or can the clutch pedal setup be added in without removing the column?

Let me know what the scoop is please.

My truck is an 85 if that means anything. Thanks

Harley

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It's probably going to be a ton easier to swap in the pedal assembly from a hydro clutch truck. Your truck is new enough that it would have all the necessary holes dimpled in the floor/firewall already...so that will take the guess work out.

The pedal hanger on your truck could probably be modified, but I think it would be a lot more work, and you'd have to cut down the width of the existing brake pedal too.

Rene

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

You will have to remove the column. It's not that difficult, alot easier than it sounds. :)

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

in order to modify your auto trans pedal assembly, you'd have to cut down a manual trans assembly anyways, so just swap in a manual pedal ass'y and call it good.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

And you don't need to remove your column. BeaterK20 installed mine without removing the column from the truck.

When I put the manual pedals in, I removed the column though.