Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manual Hub Conversion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by backlash, Apr 19, 2001.

1. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Just spent a while looking for the procedure for converting to manual hubs... no luck. Was thinking that all I would need to do is pop the old ones out and insert the manuals. Then SK-15 mentioned a hub puller. How much work is involved?

Also have some suggestions from a few members. What brand do you like and why?

Thanks.

2. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

I just did this job last week. Piece of cake, once you figure it out [​IMG]. Basically you are right, just pull out the autos and stick in the new ones. I think most guys around here like the Warn Premiums. Do a search for this topic and you should run into a few posts about it maybe a week or so ago. Good luck.

'87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

3. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

I just did another search on these hubs ...

A see a lot on Warn Premiums and Superwinch all metal hubs

But how much? And where can I get em? Anyone do pricing?

Thanks again.

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I jsut got some WArn standards and put the mon about a month ago. Once I figured out how to get the old ones out, it was really easy. Did one side in aobut 20 minutes and the other in 3. I got them at O'Reilly Auto Parts for about $65.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

5. slider79blazer

slider79blazer 1/2 ton status

I got mine at autozone for about $70 they are Warn hubs. any auto parts store should have them.checkers and car quest carry them for sure. real simple to do and they come with complete instuctions. If you have a NP203 transfer case (fulltime 4x4) you have to leave them locked until you get a parttime kit. thats about $50.

whats a 4 letter word for farm wagon? (ford) [​IMG]

6. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Piece of cake to change. Warn or Mile Marker. Superwinch hubs are problem childs.

7. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Found them locally! Thanks guys.

Pulled my hub apart to try to fix! Waste of time. Could have put in the manuals in that time!

Easy Saturday morning project (oops ... is that a jinx?) Then the tranny!