Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

manual hubs, and front axle removal. HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ducati-cooter, Apr 14, 2002.

1. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

ok, I qam having a makor brain fade now that it is nice here.
    I need to remove my worn out front bearings, problem I can't figure out how. The truck came with warran standard hubs, i removed the cap with the 6 bolts and the notched ring and spring, then I don't see anything else to remove. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh ya the hubs were packed with grease, fun fun

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Did you remove the big circle clip that goes inside the hub? You need a dental pick or something like that.

3. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

i don't see a c clip in there but there is so much damn grease I have spent the last 1/2 hour cleaning them out, no clip yet

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

It doesn't look like a clip. It looks like a piece of metal coat hanger that runs around the inside wall of the hub houseing. I use an eyeglass screwdriver and a set of needle nose pliers to get it out. You have to get something under the clip, and get it out of the gap it fits into.

Clean the grease , and run your finger from where the locking hub cover used to be on the inside of the housing it sits in toward the internal body of the hub. You should find the clip along the outside wall of near the internal part of the hub that is still in there.

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the back up, I was seriously dain bramaged this morning. I woke up at 4 AM and took a Benadryl. That stuff should be illegal!!!