Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manual hubs Hell...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Mar 30, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

How the hell do you get that clothes hanger wire looking clip out to get the manual hubs out.....There is no little holes to grab it with the snap ring pliers it is like ya just cut it with a pair of wire cutters..???????? WHat gives If it helps they are older warn manual hubs on a dana 44.............I got the one on the shaft This wire (clip) is the one right inside the hub...

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I use eyeglass screwdrivers to get under the ring to pop it out of the gap, and grab it with needle nose plyers.

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

heh lately i been getting better at getting that one out, just work with it, with small screw drivers, after awhile youll be an expert like me lol jk

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I bought a dental pick from Ace hardware. I also used to take a coat hanger and cut a 6" piece and smash the ends with a hammer and dig it out.

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I think I used an icepick

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Just one of theose days I sat my A## on the floor for about 1 hour trying to get that damm thing out but I will win tommorow ..thanks for all the ideas people... I know I can...I know I can......mike

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've got a set of 4 Snap-On picks, there is one in there that looks like it was designed for just such occasions. There are many pick sets out there and they all have a variety of shapes for doing stuff like this. I use mine allot and I recommend them for anyone working on their own stuff... Anyway, one side of the ring has a sort of ramp under the edge. Slide the bent pick under the edge of the ramp and lift it till you can get a small flat bladed screw driver under it, then you can walk it right out.

8. muddbogg89

muddbogg89 Registered Member

I just did this tonight, like the others said,you just gotta mess with it until you get it. I also sat there cursing that damn thing!

Good luck!