Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

manual hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by archer, Aug 22, 2000.

1. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

Aug 17, 2000
    O.K. My 85' originally came with automatic hubs. The original owner replaced them with superwinch manual hubs.
    I pulled everything off, replaced the rotors, pads, and calipers. Now I am trying to replace the old superwinch hubs. I adjusted my bearing preloads, there aren't any unusual spacers, and I can't fit the appropriate mile marker or Warn hubs, they stick out too far and I can't get the big lock ring even near the groove. No one in my area carries
    superwinch hubs, and I can't find anybody on-line to buy em'. Superwinch won't sell em' to me either. Are any of you using milemarker or Warn? If so, How did you get the fat things to fit with clearance for the lock ring?( I also checked the pin on the bearing locknut, it's where it should be in the keyed washer) Thanks in advance for any follow-up postings. I'm going to refrain from my 50lb sledge hammer for now.

"who dares wins"
  2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    That's weird. I took a set of milemarkers off and slaped a set of superwinch hubs on no prob. I know there was one extra snapring that the instructions told me to leave off. Can't remember which one off the top of my head though.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but http://www.samsoffroad.com will have the superwinch hubs. Call them from 9:00-6:00 central time. They should be able to help you out.

If it gets right down to it, I can send you a milemarker hub for you to do a side by side, I've got an old set sitting in the garage.