Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

manual linkage 465

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dheavychevy38, Jul 26, 2006.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok i just got a 1980 k20 with a 465 in it and i have read alot about swapping to hydro but before that happens what can be done to make wheeling with the manual linkage so able Thanks Denny

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

What do you need to do to make the mechanical linkeage wheelable? Ummm, push the clutch down, mess around with that stick lookin' thing, then let the clutch back out. Repeat as necessary :D. What I really mean is the mechanical linkage is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I have wheeled mine hard for the past 5 years and it hasn't failed me yet.

3. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

nice yeah i kinda got the hint on how to drive one when i got my cdl:wink1: . Thanks thats what i was lookin for

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Yea. What he said. Having said that one of these days I'm gonna get a push pull cable made up to take the place of the z-bar. It's not hydro but there'll be no hoses to dry rot and bust at the most inopportune moment.