Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manual linkage vs hydro clutch pedal sleds

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GMCLegacy, Jan 28, 2004.

1. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

is there is different in the pedals used between the mechinical linkage vs the hydro setup on a sm465?

if there is, can i just swap out the clutch pedal, or do i have to find a whole clutch sled assembly?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

To do it correctly you need the whole assembly.

Yes there is a difference.

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

there is a difference but i just swapped the brake pedal, no adverse effects yet. Let me clarify, I swapped the manual linkage brake pedal to the hydro setup, as the brake pedal used a diff attachment to the master cylinder, it was the least headache thing to do.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    there is a difference but i just swapped the brake pedal, no adverse effects yet. Let me clarify, I swapped the manual linkage brake pedal to the hydro setup, as the brake pedal used a diff attachment to the master cylinder, it was the least headache thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont agree with that statement. it was the less headache thing to do...
    its not to much work in my eyes to pull the master cyl. and booster for the brakes and then 2 more bolts off the steering column.
    6 bolts, 4 screws and a few extra min. you get a lot more by using the complete hydro assembly.
    its worth it.
    Grant

5. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

sorry guys/gals, i think i may have not typed my question as clearly as i could have. i am looking to go a hydro clutch setup, i think it got confused converting from manual brakes to a hydroboost.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, he did get confused. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The hydraulic clutch pedal "housing" uses support rods that also hold the master cylinder for the clutch, (studs on the end of them poke through the firewall into the engine bay) which the mechanical setup doesn't have. I can't comment about whether you can just swap pedals, I'd bet yes knowing GM, but (at a minimum) you'd be lacking the support rods for the master cylinder.