Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manual Lockup Switch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, May 6, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I was wondering which wire coming from the transmission (700R4) controls the TC lockup? There is the 4 pin connector that controls the trans but I need to figure out which wire.

I want to put a switch on the line so I can manually lock the TC when I want to. Thanks

Harley

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am going to do it that way when I finally get my VSS installed with my TPI but right now I am still using the standard lockup curcuit from the 85 K5.

I need to know which wire in the standard curcuit is the lockup controller. The article only shows the procedure for vehicles with ALDL connections.

Harley

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Also start saving your money for a new torque convertor when yours gives up the ghost. If you're lucky, it won't also take out the tranny when it fails. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif That's a "feature" that should only be used VERY sparingly. The surface area of the lockup clutch is tiny. That's why GM programmed the computer to unlock the clutch any time the ECM sees a throttle position change of 2% or more. Just an FYI... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif