Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manual to hydralic....?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG*RED, Feb 25, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, i've been mia for some time on here...came down with a brain disease and was in the hospital for a few months, then when i got out i had to live in my blazer for a few months(i also thought my k-5 was big until i had to live in it,lol dang these trucks are small:D ). now i'm recovering and got a place to stay, i want to get back to working on my truck.
    my 1982 k-5 has a sm465 manual clutch..and i'm getting really tired of adjusting it, and the linkage rod(the rod that attaches to the frame) is worn out big time, instead of replaceing that rod i was thinking of converting to hydralic clutch, that way i don't have to adjust it anymore, plus when everything flexes off road i won't lose the clutch(this has happend to me a few times) i'm thinking that if i get a newer bellhousing and a slave cylendar i should be able to convert fairly easily..has anyone done this? what all do i need to know? is it easy? any tips? sugestions? thanks for the help

2. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

I can't personally help you, but I know quite a few people here have done this swap.

Sorry to hear about the brain stuff. Hope you're doing better.

3. big4x4ride

big4x4ride 1/2 ton status

i just did an auto to manuyal swap in my 79 JImmy, kinda same route you want, you can use your existing pedals, just need to make a small bracket out of some angle to attach master cylinder to, then just run the normal hydraulic setup from there

4. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

did you have to change over to the hydro bellhousing? Or can you make the manuel one work with a bracket?

5. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

6. big4x4ride

big4x4ride 1/2 ton status

i went to hydro bellhousing, $85 shipped off of ebay came with a slave cylinder also

7. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

ok thanks guys, i'm getting some good ideals, any one got pictures of there setup? my brain works better when i can visualize it..and why did you have to make a bracket for your master cylandar? couldn't it just mount to the fire wall?

8. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

how is that working for him?

I have seen that before but it seems to be geared more towards putting a hydraulic clutch into a Jeep with a GM engine. I suppose the vehicle doesnt matter, but havent heard of a lot of truck guys doing that. price is pretty good at $172.

9. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i guess it works pretty good, i havnt talked to him in a while