Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

manual to power doors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4wood, Apr 27, 2004.

1. 4wood

4wood 1/2 ton status

Kind of along the same lines as xdelirious45x's post about the tailgate window; is it possible to convert a door's manual lock and window crank to power ones? Is it as simple as running the wires and installing a motor or is it just too ridiculous to deal with?

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

It's sort of depends on the years. The newer(push in blade fuse style) fuse boxes have a spot for the wiring to clip right into. Which is different from the earlier design. I don't know what the year split was. The wiring comes as a complete unit. The only part of that that is a pain, is that it runs through the upper part of the dash. The dash pad has to come out and the wiring runs behind the guages, over the top of the heater and down into both kick panels to the doors. Holes will have to be drilled in the door pillar and in the doors. I have only been able to do this with the doors off. As far as the parts in the doors. You will have to pull the windows out and put the whole power window regulater in. The door lock selonoid just bolts in and has a single rod. No biggie. Not hard, but can be time consuming. what years are the donor and the truck your installing into??

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Since yours is an 87 you might be able to get the harness at the boneyard. As long as you get the harness the rest is easy...

4. 4wood

4wood 1/2 ton status

Haven't found a donor yet, but I di need to replace the entire passenger side door (preferrably sooner rather than later). Thanks for the info, now I know I don't have to be AS picky when I'm getting a replacement door.

5. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

bablazer is correct simple but time consuming. I have removed and reinstalled several and I think all years are the same (excluding 73-75) but I am not 100% sure. I have a complete conversion on ebay (shameless plug /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif).

ebay link