Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manual to Power Windows

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sarazk5, Mar 4, 2001.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

i just bought new doors for my truck, i have power windows, but the new doors are manual. Anyone know how to transfer the power windows over? I got a deal i couldn't pass up on the doors, but now comes the hard part. If anyone wants the manual regualtors when i'm done let me know also. I will be selling them.

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I did this swap on my dumptruck (same idea though) You have to completely gut the door out. which can me a pain in the ass. So pretty much pull the interior pannel, Pull the bolts that hold the glass and the gaskets. unbolt the piviot between the locks and the actual latch. the glass should be loose now and you should be able to spin it 90deg and pull it out. I pulled the vent window because I was changing it anyway. disconnect the wiring and unbolt the motor. This is all alot more confusing sounding than it really is. Its kinda time consuming if you havent done it before. Nothing just pulls out straight, there is alot of turning and swearing. If memory serves me correctly to put the PW in a non PW door a few small holes need to be drilled.

Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]

3. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Thank you, I think for now i will keep the manual windows and gut out the power to install later, my boyfriend is tired of working on my truck right now.