Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manual Tranny Gurus Needed!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nrose07, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

I just got my Borg-Warner T-19 back from getting rebuilt and installed in my tow rig. Nice and quite now, gee I thought it was supposed to be noisy, but now it won't hold 4th. It goes in, but let off the throttle and it pops out. Doesen't seem to engage as deeply as 1,2,&3rd. So look in the Haynes and they list this exact problem, say to retorque tranny to bellhousing bolt and make sure clean and aligned. Did all that. HELP, supposed to be using it tommorow evening.

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Go ream the dude that built it...I'd be /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif as hell...Or don't use 4th /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That is a problem with the 3-4 synchro. The SM 465's do that with 3 rd gear quite often when they get really worn. On the synchro there are a few spring steel clips that the collar has to slide over when you change gears. These clips keep it in gear. Either this guy forgot or re-used the old ones.

Go ream him out...

Rene

4. BowtieGuy3

BowtieGuy3 Guest

In my opinion, I'd say you might have to re-adjust your shift stops on your shifter. I mean everthing sems to be goingfine, but with rebuild, the tolerances change compard to your old gearbox, so it jus might be as simple as adjusting the shift lever to compensate for the new stuff.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif