Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manual transmission

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tuff84blaze, May 12, 2000.

1. Tuff84blaze

Tuff84blaze 1/2 ton status

Just last weekend I installed a 4inch Rough Country suspension lift on my 84 blazer and now I get a rumble from the rear driveline every time I let off the gas. So after I get my exhaust rerouted so my front driveline dosn't hit it I am going to have to lower the transfer case. My question is this: I have a manual transmission and was wondering if lowering the transfer case is going to effect the clutch linkage at all and what if anything am I going to have to do to correct it?

2. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

That's a really good question Tuff!I have a 4" lift w/a lowered t-case on my 81 and the clutch has been REALLY weird since I got it(1.5 yrs).I did replace the clutch 'cause it was going out but it still has a weird action to it.I'd like to hear anyones thoughts on this too.It might help us both.
    It is kinda' cool being the only one that can drive it though,my friends have a hell of a time with it.hehehehe!

<font color=red>Wanna'keep wheelin? Get involved!
    Check the "Land Use" section of this board.</font color=red>

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

OK guys this is just my opinon but why on earth would you want to lower the Tcase?? You loose the ground clearence you just gained!! I would fix the problem buy getting the proper degree shim between the spring pack and axel housing(with a 4" lift you can get away with the shim but any higher I would have the spring perches relocated on the housing) then get the proper driveshft length. I know it may be cheeper to add spacers to your tcase mounts but your WHOLE drive train is effected in a negitive way by doing that.
    again just my thoughts on this "I" would save the money until I had enough then get it done.
    Good Luck

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

4. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

the clutch linkage is hydrolic so as long as you have enough line it shouldnt make a difference

5. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Re: Manual transmission - Now driveline angles

Hey Burt,, I agree with you on lowering the xfer case. Not only do you loose some ground clearence, but I'm more concerned with the stress on the motor mounts and the fact that you are leaning everything backwards,, that's just not the way it was suppose to be. But, I just put on a set of Tuff Cntry EZ rides, 3" in front and 4" rears. The kit did not come with shims. The angle of the rear of the driveshaft looks a lot better than the front of the driveshaft to the xfer case. Even if I put shims in the rear, granted both angles will decrease, but the front will still be significantly more. What do you do about this? I thought they were suppose to be within one degree of each other.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound