Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

manual valve body: 700r where can i get one??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TorkDSR, Jan 14, 2003.

1. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

anyone know where i can get a manual valve body for a 700... i know TCI has one, but its a hundred dollars more than any of the others; around $250. it doesnt have to be reverse, just manual....thanks.

Ryan

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

try art carr, probably not going to be any cheaper though.

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i jsut got mail back from art car...the shifter i want is $285...thats why i need a cheap valve body.
    thanks, RYan

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I installed a TCI reverse shifting full manual valve body in my TH400 in my camaro...
    It gets rid of engine brakeing in 1st and 2nd gear so now its the brakes doing all the work when you slow down coming to a stop, instead of the engine when you downshift it. The advantage to this is you can downshift it and f'n romp on it and it wont jerk and then go, its a lot more smooth, and you don't have to worry about overrevving when you downshift as much because you can let off and the rpms will drop quick like its in neutral.
    I really like this for my street/strip car but i wouldn't want that for a 4X4.

If i recall, the art carr manual valve body retains the compression engine brakeing in all gears which is what you'd want for a 4x4.

I think you can just slam a cheapy B&M stage 3 kit in there which is supposed to be a "full manual", and retain the engine braking but i believe if you leave it in 3rd it'll still shift automatically. Not too sure though.

I'm very happy with my B&M stage 2 shift kit in my Blazer's TH350.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif