Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

manual valve body th400

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by noho blazen, Oct 19, 2006.

1. noho blazen

noho blazen Registered Member

i got a offer to get a th400 with manual valve body rebuild $500 i was just wondering on how would this would work in the mud and rocks and if i did get this tranny i would want a floor shifter and how would make the reverse lights work

2. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

When you purchase a floor shifter it usually comes with an instruction manual. Which shows you how to wire up the reverse light. I'm running a B&M truck megashifter. IIRC you need to splice into a wire running to the reverse lights under the dash & wire it to a switch mounted on shifter which is activated when reverse is selected. With the maual valve body its P R N D 2 1 ideally you would want a reverse valve body so you selection would be P-R-N-1-2-D would make shifting easier when you would have to rock the truck from forward to reverse to free yourself. Hope this helps. - Jay

3. noho blazen

noho blazen Registered Member

thanks that helps me alot

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

A manual valve body will shift very hard so make sure that is what you want.