Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manuals for axle rebuild

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 45acp, Jul 14, 2001.

1. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

I have both Haynes and Chilton repair manuals but find them incomplete for the real details and photos. Where can I find a detailed and complete drawing and parts numbers for a D60 & 14 FF? I don't mind paying for a good book if someone can recommend a book from personal experience. Thanks,

Ride with pride,
    Bill Hughes

2. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    The GM service manual far surpasses anything chilton or hayes could ever publish. Getting one is more difficult, they are expensive at the dealer sometimes you can luck out on ebay

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yes, the GM service manuals are the way to go. I have two of them and they were both free for me. I have seen these books to go for around $75.00 per book from the dealership! But that was just something I heard. Never really asked them how much they actually are.

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Yeah I got the Chilton "total car care" and the "repair" books and they dont show hardly anything except for the semi-floating 14b, which is no good to me. I am going to return them and try the GM service manual too.

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

GM manuals are pretty good. I would personally try and find a book on rebuilding rearends at a books store or possibly online. I could print out the info off AllData or Mitchell and send it to you if you are interested, It is better then nothing and show 10 times more then haynes or Shitlins...opps I mean Chiltons

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>