Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Manufacturer Defect or wear 'n tear (boots)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Feb 21, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Manufacturer Defect or wear \'n tear (boots)

What do you guys think? These are only 6 or 7 months old:

[​IMG]

Timberland has a lifetime warranty on thier boots against manufacturer defects or workmanship. Think this'll be replaced?

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Re: Manufacturer Defect or wear \'n tear (boots)

I think you should give it a try.

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I think they base in on tread wear. I usualy get a new pair if Timberlands each year but Ive got 3 pair going at any given time. And when I throw them away Ive gotten a good 3 years out of them. And the only problem with them is dirt and grime and worn soles /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The pair I bought this winter were steel toed

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

the leather looks in good shape, but the tear definately looks like a mfg error.

However, is that the original sole? I have the same pair of boots, and it does not have that particular sole on it...

5. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I would give it a shot. They shouldn't be tearing up so soon. I've known Timberland boots to be some really good boots. That seems pretty uncharacteristic.

Kris

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I'de give it a shot. I had a lace eyelet pull out after 5 Months with my tims. The shoe store where i got them replaced them for me. Do you have a reciept??

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Most big outfits won't argue when you bring back an item you consider to be defective. Just bring the boots back, talk to the manager of the store where you bought them(be nice and act really disappointed about your loss) and let him/her know that these boots really didn't meet your expectations. You should end up getting a new pair or a store credit.

FWIW, I've had to take more than a few pairs of boots back over the years. The funny thing about your timing with this post is that I'm looking at a brand new pair of boots as I type this. The upper collar separated from the leather while I was pulling my last pair on last week. I took them back and explained that I've been wearing work boots for over 15 years and it's the first time I've seen this happen. They gave me a new pair no-questions-asked.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Cool, thanks for the opinions. I'm sending them back to Timberland. That is a freaky tear.

Hey Pookster, that is the original sole. I bought those at princeton ski shop on 14th(?) street last summer.
    Those boots rock, I haven't been able to find a pair like them since they tore. I'm now wearing fairly gay looking waterproof ones I bought as a store was closing cause I needed something for work the next day...