Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

many leaks...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by el guapo, Jan 11, 2004.

1. el guapo

el guapo Registered Member

Front main seal leak, Rear main seal leak, Transmission pan gasket leak, Valve cover leak, Oil pan gasket leak, Head gasket leak, Transfer case leak, Front differential leak.

that's the laundrey list.
    just finished doin my electric to manual choke conversion, and this is everything i've found.
    '86 K5 305ci

2. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you need to do the old radiator cap trick /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.>>>>>Remove the radiator cap in an upward motion, and then pull another 86 K5 underneath. Then slowly lower radiator cap back down into position. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wouldn't even bother to fix the 305, just pull it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

a lot of that can be fixed with just replacing the gasaket, ive done my tranny quit a few times and knock on wood, that things always been bone dry. my oil pan leaks, cause its rotted, and my diffs leak when its really warm out if they dont seel right. does ur t-case leak out the output shaft there? i guess thats pretty commen, mine does to.

5. Tshane

Tshane 1/2 ton status

lol sounds like a chevy

6. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Sounds like time to replace the FS gasket set! There is a company that offers the new style gaskets with no over torque sleeves in the gaskets! I see so many rigs that have had new gaskets over torqued and squish out and leak!
    Bill

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like you need to do the old radiator cap trick /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.>>>>>Remove the radiator cap in an upward motion, and then pull another 86 K5 underneath. Then slowly lower radiator cap back down into position. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Bill