Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Many many questions about '94 Blazer....just purchased

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jul 13, 2003.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Many many questions about \'94 Blazer....just purchased

I just joined the world of IFS, but I still have the joy of my '88 K5 with a 12" lift, 3/4-ton axles, and 40" Boggers. The oldy is going Bye Bye for schooling reasons. Hmmmm that just sucks! I want to jack this new one up to 9" and run 38's. I want to put headers and dual exhaust on it as well. Some of my questions are about the Solid Axle swap and throwing in a 14FF in the rear. I want to make it a good truck that can still be driven daily, but only a few miles a day though. I love the look of the new bodies on a SA and a good size lift. I know it's going to cost me some dough, but it's worth it. How hard is it for the swap on both the front and rear? Where can I find the front axle, etc? I am by no means new to the world of off-roading, mechanical work, axle swaps, exhaust, etc, but I just want to gain as much knowledge as possible on the newer truck. It's kind of like starting from scratch again, ya know? I'm looking forward to building this truck and plan on driving it to the ground, or a museum!! haha Thanks again!!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: Many many questions about \'94 Blazer....just purchased

The consensus seems to be go to www.offroadunlimited.com for their straight axle kit. I think anyway most guys seem to agree its not hard to make your own kit but for the first time the kit is worth it. The steering isn't worth it, $800 for a simple crossover steering setup that you can do with a few simple measurements for WAY less. As for an axle well simple, find a ford. Hit the yards and looking for old straight axle F250 and 350s. As for the rear swap its the same as with your K5. Welcome to the IFS world, can't wait to put a SFA under it huh /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif? Also with the SFA kit you will probably only need 6" springs to clear 38s. People seem to vary their opinions but the general I Get is 2-3" of lift from the brackets alone. Meaning 6" springs will give you a good 8 or 9".