Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MANY MANY Thanks to Scott/4x4High!! Right on man!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Zeus33rd, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Add my name to the list along with Greg72 of people that Scott has helped out ALOT. Last weekend Shewheeler drove up here and brough me a couple of her old 35's......I gave her the heads from my 402 to take down to Scott to have do the valve job, resurfacing ect ect....He got them last Monday, and he told me he had them done Tuesday I think it was. Saturday he drove 2 1/2 hours from Fremont all the way up here, brought me the heads and helped me get them back on the block and the vaves adjusted. I can't thank ya enuff bro. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Scott had brought his Ruger P89 along with him, so I grabbed my Glock and we went out and blew up some cans of Ravioli today....LOL! Great weekend all together....And Scotts a nice guy. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Oh, and one more thing.....His truck is frickin BAD ASS. I can say that out of all the rigs I've seen so far in the club, His is by far the cleanest. Hehe.....Today he did learn that he might need to little fender trimmin. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Kewl.. Does that mean your gonna make it next weekend???

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yup...
    Scott is a great guy! That dude knows a bunch!
    His truck is frikkin clean too! Right on Joe! I can't believe you got Scott to rub his tires into the fenders! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    blew up some cans of Ravioli today

[/ QUOTE ]
    Tell me these were empty cans of Ravioli and not full cans, please?

5. Zeus33rd

Unless someone has a intake manifold for a big block, I'm not gonna beable to make it. Scott was looking at the manifold this morning and found a big crack in it. It's all good I guess....It was just a stock heavy ass cast iron manifold. Time to start savin for an Edelbrock manifold. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

BubbaRay.....I could tell you that the cans of Ravioli were empty, But I'd be lyin to ya..LOL! A .40 S&amp;W bullet does some cool stuff to a can of Ravioli. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

So is he on his way home now? Didja let him leave....?

I know what you mean KJ, he knows TOO much to let him go home early. I always learn a TON of stuff when he's over visiting me.

Glad to hear things are progressing....

7. Zeus33rd

Greg- No kidding..he knows his $hit...Knowledge is power...lol........I was watchin him torque the head bolts last night and popped off with some question while he was working.....I think I asked somethin about compression ratios or somethin..he just kinda grunted and shook his head at me......I was like ok....he doesn't like to be bothered when he's working...then I started listenin to him...He was counting what head bolt he was on so he didn't loose track.....:) He was pretty patient with me though. And I did learn ALOT from him.
    He left at about 3:30 today...Should be home by now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    BubbaRay.....I could tell you that the cans of Ravioli were empty, But I'd be lyin to ya

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Wow..you got Scott to get he's rig dirty /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

10. Zeus33rd

Yeah.....He actually even scratched the paint alittle bit. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Greg72

I'll add to the "Hooray for Scott" thread AGAIN...!!!!

Not many guys will work in darkness on the side of the road until 11PM to replace a leaking waterpump in your "new" K5, but that's what Scott did last night for me.

I wanted to "chicken out" and call a tow truck, but he said it would be more adventurous to repair it on the spot. We went to Kragens and got a new pump and seals, we swung by his house to get a fistful of tools and a flashlight...and spent about 2 hours unbolting all kinds of stuff and taking out belts to get to the pump....(there sure is a lot of CRAP in the 2nd Gen engine compartment!) Everything went back together perfectly.....NO leaks (of course!) and I was on my way home, without a towtruck in sight! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

SCOTT IS 'DA MAN......and apparently always ready for adventure.

12. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Dam that rocks greg...Many thanks to you scott that was way cool of you to do... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif mike

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Very cool! Next time I need to go pick up an old truck I know who I'm inviting along... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif </font color>

14. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

What a great Brother!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Greg~ put that blue ovel for sale in the forsale section heheheh half for the laugh and half for you may get someone to buy it!! hehehehehe
    Late

15. Greg72

Burt,

Actually the F*RD is already GONE!!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Here's how it worked:

Originally, my buddy wanted to sell me his '88K5 for $1500. I figured with a little luck I'd sell the Br*nco for $2000, which would leave me with around $500 towards whatever I needed to fix on the K5.

Well yesterday was the day I was supposed to buy the K5, and my friend comes over in a borrowed car to get me. He looks at the Br*nco and says "Why don't you just trade me for THAT?....I'm not leaving for at least two more weeks, and I have to be able to get around somehow."

I looked at him like "Why should I trade you my running truck for one that doesn't run?".....I told him that it wouldn't be an equal trade, so he offered me another $500 cash!!!

So in effect.....I was able to get rid of the F*RD, and he paid me $500 to take the Blazer!!! I didn't have to place an ad, answer phone calls, and show the truck to strangers....or haggle over a price. That' s worth a LOT! Plus, I didn't ADD any vehicles to the "fleet", so the wife should be happy about that. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Scott already helped me replace the waterpump last night...(see the "Hooray for Scott" post)...So the truck is already driveable......(and much nicer than the Br*onco was, I might add)

I won't have it cleaned up and get pics posted before the BBQ, so if you want to see it you'll just hafta drive the 70 miles to join us, Burt! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ahhhh I see, very cool!!
    I wish I could come play at your house but my wife has me going to a weding Friday night /forums/images/icons/frown.gif then I waky waky Saturday morning around 4:30am Jump in the K5 and head out for the RUBICONRUBICONRUBICONRUBICONRUBICONRUBICON /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    I will however take a rain check! BUTT if I do comeover to play I will need to spend the night cuz I don't drink and drive anymore /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif and I sure the hell need to be drinking while I am there so I can pee in your pool /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    hehehheheeehehhhheeee J/K /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

17. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

hey burt has a pool to when are we going to do a party at burts for us valley people? hint hint....lol....

18. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Party at BURTS!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

PARTY AT BURTS?

PARTY AT BURTS!!!!

When dude? I'll be there. LOL!

20. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
    I even live in a cul-da-sac so everyone can park in front of my house /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    No jumping off the roof into the pool!!!
    I should have a party! hmmm?????
    "Honey, the boys want ot come over and play! Can I have a pool party ??Please Please!!!" heheheheeee
    Ya she wears the pants in my family /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif hehehehe