Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Map question...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jun 8, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Does anyone know of a website that has free maps to veiw? I am looking for one that shows lower canada/and all of the US. When some people on here say where they live I get puzzled because I have no clue where that city/state is. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Give MapQuest a try. Type the location you want into the "Get Map" box and VOILA! there it is.

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

http://terraserver.com/

tghere is another one too that is better. ill try to find it. if not, i have it saved at work

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yahoo maps has canada also /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I tried both of those sites, and they're good, but confusing at times... I will try yahoo maps later. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I tried both of those sites, and they're good, but confusing at times... I will try yahoo maps later. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yahoo maps

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Mapquest zooms way in when you give it just a city and state to work with. You usually can't tell where that city is in relation to other parts of the state. But if you click on the pick list just below the map, you can change the level of detail. Change it to something like 100 miles per inch and the map will zoom way out, giving you a much better idea of where the city really is. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Okay thanks, I don't know the address so I can't use yahoo. I will try mapquest again. It looks fun to play with /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif