Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

March 12th-March Madness Sale-4 Wheel Parts INDY

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by gzzgfw, Feb 7, 2005.

1. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

They're doing this March Madness event again in Indy at the 4 Wheel Parts Performance center. Maybe we can meet up there again and catch up on everybodies K5's.

It's March 12th. Food, rock crawl, RTI show and unshine and other stuff. I actually have that Sat. open.

Anybody else game?

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Hell yes I'm there. That's my birthday![​IMG] Too bad the Hooter's meet isn't that day.[​IMG]

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

me too! :thumb:

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

sometime between now and then we need to have a regearing party so I can drive my blazer down there...

5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Id go, but ill be wheeling at the badlands.....

6. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Hi Mark,

Might be interested. My Jeep was broke last year. What is their rock crawl like? Show and unshine? That sounds like something my Jeep could be good at!:D

7. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Their rock crawl is about 75 yards of boulders laid in a ditch. Doest sound hard but it give a lot of people problems. After seeing your jeep back in may i think you should come down and show all these people with 02 and 03 tj's what a REAL jeep can do!:thumb:

8. jjlaughner

some of the holes now can swallow a 36" tire, this was a awhile back
    [​IMG]

Here's a rock crawler on the course from the Jamboree
    [​IMG]

Last year
    http://www.jjlaughner.com/events/marchmadness04/

9. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

The course is pretty good to do and watch but I doubt that it would be worth coming from Illinois for. Your jeep could do it backwards no problem.

10. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies, guys. Indy is only 2 hours down I-65 from here if I'm flyin'.:grin: We'll see what's going on that weekend as it gets closer. Thought it might be something different to do.

I (and probably my brother too) would like to hook up with you at Redbird to check that out sometime.

11. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I wouldn't mind checking out Redbird sometime this year, just need to register the jeep as an OHV or whatever that is. Redbird isn't too bad of a drive for me.:cool1:

12. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

That's for sure. Redbird opens April 2nd. Look at IFWDA.org for some dates for redbird rides. There is a vendor day in may and a night ride too in may. It's only $10.00 per vehicle. I think booth Justin and John would like the terrain. They have some other stuff going on through June, July and August even a Kids day there.

I got my K5 registered as a off highway vehicle but if you just throw some current license plates on her for the weekend that will work. They're just tickled to get your 10 bucks and see some out of state riders.
    -Mark

13. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

So Redbird doesn't actually check your registration? As long as it has plates everything is good?

14. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

I've only been there once and they didn't check anything. And you know my rig is far from legal. The off road registration is $36 for three years and they turn it around pretty fast too. The indiana sticker is honered in other states too., like ky and mich. Put the minivan plates on it and go.... .

Did you ever find out your knock in the engine?

-mark

15. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

No, I haven't figured out what's knocking yet. I pulled the valve covers off, it's nothing in the top end. I ended up finding a 93 350 that ran great when pulled, got the complete engine, wiring harness, all accessories, and computer for $250. I just picked it up yesterday. So I am going to swap that motor in, and then tear the other one down and see what's wrong.

Hopefully by the end of the month I'll have it running again, mid march at the latest.

16. jjlaughner

I bet it scored the crank... thats what our 93pickup done, everything looked fine till you pulled off the connecting rod caps :confused:

17. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Well I'm thrilled to death that I drove all the way from Bloomington and NOBODY showed up but Eric and I (at least until 1 which is when I said screw it and left).:rolleyes:

18. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Sorry about that, when I posted this I thought we could pull something together but no one on here or called said they were going. It was 9 deg. wind chill Sat. morning and I had my 7 year old going with so I said screw it too. Hell I can hang out with a bunch of jeep people anytime but I thought people with Chevy's would like to meetup and BS alittle.

The next wheelin' event is the Indiana Fun Fest in Spencer. Only $10 bucks to have some fun on some nice trails and ravines. -Mark

19. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

I had thought about it, but then my son had a dodgeball tournament Saturday.