Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

March 8, 2003 Tellico River Cleanup

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by bigjbear, Jan 16, 2003.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Feb 18, 2000
    Alright people lets get together and make a showing. I will be there if my new baby is born. Who else is comming? I copy/pased this from Southern's web site http://www.sfwda.org/calendar.html go there if want to see what else is going on.

March 8, 2003 Tellico River Cleanup
    The Tellico River Cleanup Day is co-sponsored by Southern 4WD Association, the Tellico Ranger District and Trout Unlimited.

The third annual cleanup day is Saturday, March 8, 2003. We pick up trash along the river banks and perform some needed trail maintenance work.

Tentative plans are:

Rain or Shine
    Registration begins 9:00 am at the Tellico Ranger Station (near Tellico Plain, TN) and at the Stateline Campground
    Bags and bagged trash pick-up will be provided
    Bright colored clothing is recommended
    Bringing gloves is recommended
    Other details are still being worked out and will be here on the web page when available.
    We will probably take the upper area of the river.
  2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Jan 16, 2003
    Sounds good.Coming there end of Apr too.Not trying to point finger at anyone,but,it would be nice if some hunters and fishers would take their trash home with them too.Same prob here in Tn.I live on edge of 25,000 acre hunting preserve and soon as seasons start the breakfast bags start to pile up.By mid season can make gas money picking up aluminum cans though. Wonder what they would do their neighborhood was treated same way. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif