Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

March power steering bracket dont work

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trailblazr81, Aug 7, 2005.

1. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

So I just bolted my new March power steering bracket to my engine. I tried to bolt it to the pump but its not working. The front lower bracket is hiting part of the reservoir. My pump reservoir bulges out right obove where the bracket is to bolt on. So I cant pull the pump in enough to bolt on the top mount. Anyone else have his problem? :dunno:

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've yet to hear of a March product that fits properly. :mad:

3. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i bought a March PS kit for my 454 w/long water pump, fit like a champ.

4. XCUATRO

XCUATRO Registered Member

Do you have the correct march Kit? :confused: They make one for 1966-1976 and one for 1978- with metric threads. Check out www.marchperf.com Hope this helps.

5. trailblazr81

Yes I have the right one. I was finally able to get all the bolts in, but to do so I had to have the lower rear mount loose. Now with it all together I cant get to the lower rear mount to tighten it properlly. But after I got everything snug it was more out of alignment then my home jerry-rigged set up. Its a $80 piece of crap!!! The pump is crooked and the top mount isnt straight when tightenned to pump. That or I just cant see straight.... :thinking:

6. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I agree mine was a pain in the ass and didn't bolt right on like I thought it would either :mad:

7. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

After I read the instructions that came with mine it went on perfect.

8. trailblazr81

I should have just sent it back when I read that to adjust alignment you have to completely un-bolt and move washers. Its mine now since I had to do some grinding to get the thing to mount to water pump.

9. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I have no clue if you are having the same problem as I was here recently but here is some info on what I went through with my power steering pump last week. My bracket was out of alignemnt also. Not a March product but the factory one :rolleyes:

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145747

10. trailblazr81

My oem had a bracket connected from front of head and first exhaust bolt to pump. And this was the adjuster. After Headers I had to make a spacer. The other mount was a non used hole in the water pump. The March uses a braket that has spacers and replaces your 2 drivers side water pump mount bolts. This made a bit of a mess replacing. It also used the same extra bolt hole on the water pump. I had to remove a stud in the back of the pump. Its on crooked and not lined up with the crank pully now. I'll take another look at it after work. It was just such a pain in the azz to get on. And now to try to adjust it forward a bit I have to take it all apart.
    :doah: :confused: