Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

March Pulley System

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skink4president, Jul 5, 2005.

1. skink4president

skink4president Registered Member

Anyone running one of these serpentine pulley setups on their truck? Despite the price ($$$) I'm looking at a full setup (PS/AC/ALT) for my '73 K5 to clean up the bracketry and would love some feed back before I decide to drop the cash!

Thanks!

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

One of the guys that I truck pull did this with his late 70's BBC and was not entirely happy. The brackets and pulleys were top notch finish, but it took shimming to get everthing to line up correctly and not throw belts (he used the v-belt setup). Now that everything is shimmed he really likes it, but thought for the price it should have fit better.

Right now I'm looking at the GM performance parts setup $900 for a BBC serpentine setup and it comes with alternator, A/C compressor, PS pump, Water pump and all necessary brackets, bolts, belts.

FWIW

3. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I have the p/s and alt set up on my 350 and am not happy at all. The pulleys are nice and the finish on everything is awesome but alignment sucks. We spent days trying to shim the power steering and still cant get it straight. The alt was alright but still not worth the price you pay. Just my 2 cents.

4. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I have the PS bracket and was not real happy with it either :doah:

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Leadfoot, while the shipping price is obscene, you can still save a few bucks by going with that kit from here:

GM Parts Direct :cool1: