Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Marine Projection?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZPiNsTrIpEd, Nov 2, 2005.

1. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

Since i'm tired of my edelbrock 1406 dying on me, I've been looking around and found one.I ran a search but didnt really find anything on the marine setup. My question is has any one had experience with putting a marine holley projection kit on a carbed k5? I was told that the only differences between the regular and marine are the flame arrester and the longer wiring harness, are there any other differences? My engine is a mild 350 with an intake and headers. Thank you for any help

Justin

2. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I know the difference between the marine GM engines (Ramjet) and stock vehicle setups are that the marine engines aren't an adaptive system. They have no O2 sensor, so get no feedback as to air/fuel ratio. They dump a set amount of fuel based on pre-programmed settings.

Not sure aftermarket would go the same route, but they might.

4. dbabicky

dbabicky 1/2 ton status

If I was to go with any system at all it would be the Howell Throttle body set-up. I put it on my CJ, and absolutely love it. (304V8, Edellbrock Performer Manifold). Thinking about doing the same to my 83 K5.