Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Marine Speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by 8BaLL, Jun 28, 2002.

1. 8BaLL

8BaLL Registered Member

I am tossing around the idea of putting marine speakers in my blazer. Are marine speakers going to sound ok? I am just thinking they would be nice for when I have the top off or for when I want to hose out my interior. I found some bazooka ones and pioneers on crutchfields website. What do you guys think?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Never heard them in a Blazer, but the Clarion's in my friend's cabin cruser sound good. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. downtime2nite

downtime2nite Registered Member

check out e-bay, I just got two pair for my boat under $90 with shipping, I got the boss brand as they have 40 oz magnets and a tweeter (coaxle)

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

I could have got you the Boss brand for less then that ;-( Give me a shout if you are needing anything.

As far as marine speakers go they are going to sound pretty close to the same as any other speaker. The only difference is that the materials used are a bit better when it comes to withstanding the elements. I would and have gone with the Memphis brand of coaxials in my Blazer and the have made it through many washings with the waterhouse. I am not even yousing their marine grade because I did not want the white speakers.