Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mario's Indy crash

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudgition, Apr 24, 2003.

1. mudgition

mudgition 1/2 ton status

Mario\'s Indy crash

Did anyone see that? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Going so fast that it just took off flying. That is like hydroplane stuff. Did anyone hear what caused it or is this a common occurance? I don't think I've seen an Indy car or nascar do that b4.

I do know however, that if he were driving a 2nd generation K5 he wouldn't have flipped. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Re: Mario\'s Indy crash

Yup, that was a wild ride.

From what I hear he hit some debris that was on the track from Kenny Bracks crash into the wall coming out of the first turn.

Old Mario did pretty good though: 63 years old and he's driving a car at 225.4 mph around Indy!

He does have alot of experience at Indy, 29 races! The only person with more open-wheel starts at Indy is A.J. Foyt with 35.

That crash was the 7th time he has crashed at that track.

I wish I could find some pictures!

3. mudgition

mudgition 1/2 ton status

His reply after was "Don't tell my wife and I'll be O.K." /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

She must be one tough broad if she's tougher then that crash. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Those indy cars are just a self contained protective capsule with wheels and a motor. When ever they race at Laguna Seca or one of those in town courses they do some bumping and rubbing and as soon as contact is made, the wheels and axles just fold up and come off but the cockpit never rolls over and over. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Pretty well designed if you ask me.

/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gifBut you didn't. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I do know however, that if he were driving a 2nd generation K5 he wouldn't have flipped.

[/ QUOTE ]

How well do you think a 2nd gen K5 Blazer would handle at 225 mph.?? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. mudgition

mudgition 1/2 ton status

225 in a K5? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif What are you nuts? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif All I said(typed) was if he were in one he wouldn't have flipped.