Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Marriage/dating in the workplace....???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Sep 19, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Does your place of business frown on such practices? Not interested in banging any of the females around here, just having problems with a married couple working here. Basically she's a pain, kinda the boss and he's spying on us. Work in two different departments, but it's basically the same thing.

I'm affraid to talk about anything around him, for fear it will make it's way back to her. She is constantly making our lives miserable.

She has also played the "I'm a woman" card to advance herself and her husband.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

What ever y'all say around him, she knows. That's a aggravating situation to be in. :mad:

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Your only choice is to kill them both...:p:

4. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

I agree I been there and done that.I got some like that at work and they arent even married or dating lol just @$$wipes thinking it will get them ahead.Me and the plant manager are real tight so I dont worry about anything as long as I do my job .

5. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is she hot?

6. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Negative.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

work at work, play outside of work and have a relationship at home.

NEVER EVER MIX WORK AND "PLAY" of that type EVER EVER EVER

well, thats my rule anyway...
    Grant

8. GotLabs

So do you have a higher boss? Talk to them? Can these cats cause you to get fired?

9. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I think pirate would be correct here with fork, neck, butt, curb.

10. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

My boss won't be back till december/january. Guy filling in for him is just riding out the BS till he comes back.

11. GotLabs

That sounds like a problem there. Have you tried talking to them? You know the equal oppurtunity goes both ways. Of course, dont rock the boat.....dont tip the boat over....... adage also applies.

12. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Dunno what to do, her real problem is with one of the guys I work with. She's trying real hard to throw him under the bus. Problem is that I'm responsible for the same areas and she's throwing me under the bus as well.

We had an impromtu meeting about a week ago between her/him and the other members of my team to try and sort things out. Problem is that the guy filling in doesn't want any part of it and nothing was resolved.

For example: about three months ago, we were blowing up engines like it was going out of style. Had three engines disassembled in the engine prep area. Out of the chaos some oil got spilled on the floor (a spot no greater than 6 inches in diameter) and part of a wiring harness was laying on a valve to shut off water to the sprinkler system. Instead of coming to us to ask to correct the problem, she went straight to the V.P. and the safety manager. Took pictures and attached them to emails.

And that's basically a small sample. The people that work directly under her are afraid to take a dump without her permission.

It's no wonder that most of her guys are looking for other jobs. One is leaving in september. I'm really looking forward to my boss coming back.

13. GotLabs

Holy shiite! Dude, you gotta say something. That cracker chick has lost it, next thing you know she will be changing her given name to Hillary!!! Everytime I think I have it bad, I just read a few post on here. Dude, I got nothing, well if you were closer we could drink some beer and you could bitch about it. Hope it works out.

14. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I know its a no no, but I banged the hell out of a secratary I worked with at a shop I used to work at a long time ago. never had any problem from it. she knew and I knew it was not going to go anywhere but to the bedroom. so it was all good. I work with plenty I would love to bang but I am in a relationship so its hands off now. :doah:

15. GotLabs

MMMMMMM strange;) .

16. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Ahhh..... I've been in that situation before. There's no way to win that one, unless you manage to catch her on film/digital doing something blatantly unethical or illegal, then stoop to her level of management skill and email the corporate folks. I feel your pain...

17. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

If you're a real manipulative SOB you might be able to paint her as a whiner/complainer. Then upper management might view her with a jaundiced eye.

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I think from now on SkulzNBonz answer in a similar thread ought to be the standard to which we all hold ourselves in office/relationship advice scenarios:

:D