Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Martha Sewart

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bhintz, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

IS GOING TO JAIL /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif for 5 months and 5 months house arrest

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah and during that house arrest she will film 5 months worth of tv shows and double her fortune.

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Well, she's actually not going to jail. If she loses her appeal then she's going to jail.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Why might she go to jail?

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Man, you Canucks are out of the loop. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Screw you guys ,I still tgink shes hot... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

8. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Her stock broker was charged with taking inside information and leaking it to his client, Stewart in a very minor stock transaction. The Feds seized his records and Stewarts records and interrogated them both and dropped the initial charge and then charged Stewart with lying to authorities when she was being prosecuted. She was found guilty of lying to the Federal Government. Thats about as simple as I can make it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Did you hear her advertisement, I mean speach? She claims that the whole time she was only thinking about the empoyees of Martha Steward Media. Who was she thinking about when she tried to make a quick buck?

10. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

WTF? She is going to jail and OJ walks free? Guess his lawyers were better /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. bigyellowjimmy

Ive been stuck in the office and havent heard the speech /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, she's actually not going to jail. If she loses her appeal then she's going to jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif If it was a regular person like us , we would be in custody serving the time , and doing our appeals from a cell . Darn rich people /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If it was a regular person like us , we would be in custody serving the time , and doing our appeals from a cell . Darn rich people

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is I heard running around the rumor mill...one of the main reasons they actually went after her was to show celebrities don't get special treatment when they break the law...

14. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

That sounds about right!

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Woah. keep me updated on what happens /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

16. bigyellowjimmy

I hear what you are saying Paul and I agree, I hate it when the rich and/or powerful get away with stuff just because of their position....except she was targeted, I believe, because she WAS rich and not too awefully popular (at least you could say she was devisive). Unfortunately our Federal Government is using these tactics (charge you or someone close to you with a crime to get a warrant to seize your records and assets and then drop the intial charge after they find SOMETHING else to charge you with and between the tax laws and often unintentional inconsistancies in sworn statements they can find something on anyone) to seize many billions in assets and for Federal prosecutors to promote their careers. We'll never know if Stewart is guilty of insider trading as she wasnt tried for that.

17. tayven

tayven 1/2 ton status

I'D DO HER

18. bigyellowjimmy

Sounds like you and Fumes have got it bad for her /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Let's see ... do some insider trading and make lots of $$$$ in exchange for 5 months in a minimum security cushy jail in Conneticut, 5 months house arrest, and $30k fine. Sounds fair to me. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Anyone have some insider tips for me? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

20. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    Let's see ... do some insider trading and make lots of $$$$ in exchange for 5 months in a minimum security cushy jail in Conneticut, 5 months house arrest, and $30k fine. Sounds fair to me. Anyone have some insider tips for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldnt make a very good insider trader if you think she's making out like a bandit.

"Stewart avoided a loss of about $51,000 by selling nearly 4,000 shares of ImClone stock on Dec. 27, 2001, rather than the next trading day, when the stock tumbled after regulators rejected the company's application for a key cancer drug. (CNN Money.com)"

Lets see, aviod a loss (not making a dime) of $51K so you can spend 5 yrs in jail, 5 yrs probation, $30K in fines and millions in legal fees......yep, keep your day job! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif