Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*****Martinez on the 3rd Head count, and meeting time*****

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by NateInChandler, Jan 28, 2007.

1. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, lets get a head count on who all is going, what time your going and where we are gonna meet up... Ill be out there friday night camping out with paul and anyone else... ill be in the big brown turd lookin blazer.. gonna leave friday night around 8 or so probably... Nate

I'm jumping in on this post of Nate's for the same thing, some of us Amigos, are going to meet the Martinez run in the morning on Saturday at the Cabins.

What time were you guys planning on leaving from the cabins, and who is going to camp at the cabins, and or in Florence???

I's important to understand exactly how many are attending, as this is a long run for the day..

Please post up where you are camping, how many people you have in your group, and when you are planning to meet on Saturday Morning.

Thanks Rob

Nate, sorry to hijack you post....:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2007
  2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Our plan was to leave the cabins around 10 AM. The group I'm with will have 5 trucks, I think. We will be camped in the general area, but not actually at the cabins, Friday night.

Chanel 10, right?

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am down for Friday night , don't exactly want to camp right at the cabins myself either . I heard of a nice spot not far . AZ group "B" needs to do some PMing , I heard Greg knew a good spot too .

I can come by where your at CBBR and share a beer though .

4. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

I'm good for Friday night. Hey Paul, if it's OK with you how about we meet at your place around 8PM? I'll have the radio on and tuned to the SARC repeater (147.120). I have the GPS with the track to Martinez loaded up, so we won't get lost :wink1:

I pulled my front shafts and carrier this evening. Hopefully I can get the gears set up tomorrow evening, gears and ELocker installed on Wednesday, and wired up Thursday. Cross your fingers for me :D.

5. pauly383

Part of me wants to drag my pop up with me .......:thinking:

Naw , thats for wifey with me trips . I am manly enough to sleep in my reclining bucket :wink1:

6. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I'm new to AZ, just moved to Queen Creek. Did some wheeling with the Colorado crew when I was in Colorado Springs. I hate to be a tag along, but is anyone going to have an open seat I could fill? My truck isn't near ready for this yet, but I'm sorta jonesin' for dirt if you know what I mean. I sent a PM to Marv about it just because we've met, but haven't heard back from him yet.

Thanks

Rich

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I'll most likely be going, you could ride with me if you can handle the plush feel of a Suburban :D

are you going to do the camping along with everybody, or just wanting to meet up with people out there,,,,,,you could cam, but must bring your own "setup" i don't share the back of the Burb with anyone, well, unless she's cute :p: :D

8. pauly383

3 trucks I know of have open seating , Nate has 1 seat , I have 4 crowded , and 2 comfortably .

Tj has room for a school :p:

9. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. I'll just meet up with you all Saturday morning. I may need directions on how to find you. If I get a seat great, if not, at least I'll get to meet you guys and know how to get there for next time.

Rich

10. pauly383

We are on CB channel 10 . If you are dead serious , one of us could come meet you at the road in the AM . Or PM maxpf for GPS coordinates .

11. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

Hm, I don't have gps. I am serious, the only reason I would not be there is some sort of unforseen emergency. I thought you said a honda accord could make it to the cabin in one of your posts...I'll be in a dodge 4x4, not as good as an accord, but...

12. pauly383

If you know where it is , you will pass us on the road more than likely . We are not actually sleeping at the cabins . The oldest cabin , the one with no plumbing and electrical , is falling down , unsafe , and need to be kept clean .

We will be driving by them in the morning if you want pics .

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Which way are you guys coming in? We are coming through Box Canyon.

14. pauly383

I assume we are going in off Cottonwood Canyon Rd.

15. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

Can't make this one, I'll be in LA for the Price is Right. Go Bob!

16. pauly383

"The price is WRONG Bob , [whack] " !! Sandlers funny :thumb:

17. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

My cousin has that video clip on her myspace...she's a major Bob fan and really wanted me to go, SOOOOO...I'm going. Getting in line at 12am!!!
    Sorry I'll miss out on this trip, really sorry!

18. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

Well, I've never been there, but looking at the map I'll be coming from Queen Creek and taking Price Rd to Box Canyon Rd to Martinez Canyon Rd. I assume you guys will be somewhere along Martinez Canyon Rd. Any idea how far up from Box Canyon Rd I'll find you? I don't think it will be too much of a problem to spot 6 or 8 rigs parked together somewhere, but there might be other groups. By the way thanks again for letting me tag along. Really looking forward to meeting the group down here in AZ.

Rich

19. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

That route will take you through Box Canyou. It's not terribly difficult, but it will add an hour or so to your trip. Going in ia Cottonwood Canyon Rd. is faster.

20. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

That was what I was figuring on. We should be able to find a suitable campsite along the way - I spotted several good candidates on our last trip.