Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Marv...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by FWP, Oct 16, 2006.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Give us a trip report, how did it go? How'd the Marvzda hold up? got the bugs worked out? Did you guys find the trail? Does Rob still know how to wheel:eek1: :haha: ? etc etc

2. rhino105amx

rhino105amx 1/2 ton status

Marv dropped a Jeep. Rob joined Al-Queda.(but is still a good cook)

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

These things are true....

some more truths: (to the best of my knowledge)

Saturday:

Recruited a new 4wd buddy. On the way out I stopped to get beer/food/beer at WalMart in Queen Creek. (did I mention that I needed beer...:D ). Ennyway, when I come back to the parking lot, some guy is looking at the Marvzda. He says - "where ya goin'?" I say - "come out and wheel w/ us"..... Guess what, he does!!! He shows up w/ a built Blazer w/ big block and 42" tires, wheels w/ us and has a blast! We'll call this guy "Allan"..... Why? Cuz that's his name.. :doah: We look all morning for Miner's Revenge. Don't find it cuz we're taking directions from Rob...! :ignore: We give up. Allan says that he knows there are some big rocks down one of these roads. We listen... we end up on Miner's Revenge! :D ..... Knew I shoudnta listened to Rob.... :haha: Miner's Revenge is the Shiznit!... Boulders the size of mini-compact cars - we have blast. 1/2 way thru - DJ drops off a ledge kinda hard and from then on it sounds like the fan is hitting the shroud. We look closer.... W/ beer in hand and sunglasses on under the truck we spot a crackus maximus in the bell housing....:eek1: Mama...! This is no place for faults in aluminum like that! We rachet strap DJ's tranny back into place and take it reeeeel easy the rest of the way for him. Meanwhile every time I turn the steering wheel in the Marvzda - both of Curt's boots move. :thinking: hmmmmmm.... I check the bolts holding steering box to the frame. Looser than last g/f...:laugh: Tighten them and Rob still hasn't caught up!.... We head to the bottom of the wash toward the Waterfall exit.

Towing DJ over every obstacle so he doesn't strain his tranny and burst his water (atf) all over the trail takes some time... not too bad tho. Rob gets a super-wedgie as he somehow gets the axle caught between two apartment sized rocks...! Stuck on level ground w/ all 4 tires down...:haha: Allan pulls him out and customizes those cool steel wheels I lent him.... I don't think I want them back now, $$-man....:laugh: We reach the waterfall.... aaaaaa! The waterfall is steep!.... I try it first. I wheelie out a couple of times and then crawl up. DJ could've drove up it w/ his long w/b, but we strap him so we don't see red. Mikey almost makes it, but his trailer hitch is in the ground deeper than Elvis. Strap saves him. Allan tries the fall - and almost makes it about 50 times. His w/b is too short - strap. Rob tries, but straps up.. We sprint back to camp and enjoy a beer! Saturday evening all go home but Rob, Curt and I. Rob cooks dinner.... Delicious! what a guy!... Haven't eaten like that all year!

Sunday morning Ruben and Eric (our Jeep buddies) are s'post to show up. Eric got loaded on Sat. night and doesn't make it. Ruben shows up. It rains for a while, then clears up. We go explore the wash further up. OMG...! Serious boulders up there! Man... gotta try to get up there sometime! We decide to run Miner's Revenge bassackwards. Remember the waterfall... we decide to winch Rob and Ruben down it and I'll skid down un-assisted in the Marvzda. Ruben's on the line 1st. He get's 1/3 of the way down and my nylon rope breaks!:eek1: He crashed down the last 2/3 of the fall and lands on the front bumper. We look again.... His left front tire is under his door!
    Oh f:mad:....! We look underneath and see red and internal case chain parts from 10 paces away. OMG...! what happened...!?!? Turns out the night before Curt and I went to get firewood. Apparently, dragging back some logs we frayed the rope. Ruben's TJ payed the price. Good thing nobody's hurt! How we gonna get this thing outta here...?!?!?

We call for re-inforcements. DJ comes out w/ a trailer. We spend hours winching to get it back on all 4. Rachet strap the axle in place. Case is all over the wash but 2wd still works! .... Rob and I winch Ruben up the fall. Get him back to trailer - DJ takes him to town. Sorry that it happed that way, Ruben..... :crazy:

So, Sunday was more of a Rescue Day than a wheelin' day.... Ruben had a rough day. His wife even twisted an ankle before we headed home....:(

In the end.... Miner's Revenge is my new favorite trail. and Rob can cook steak like Kendra Wilkinson can keep my attention! Fun weekend...!

Marv

4. rhino105amx

Marv did have a waaay cool save in the Marvsda. We crawled a little too high on the right side....Marvsda starts over on its side:eek1: , Marv looks down, sees BIG thorn bush with many many sharp thorns, right where he will land :yikes: He stomps on the gas and gets ALL the squirrels galloping. For a brief second it looks like we are gonna go all the way over, (but at least Marv will miss the ugly thorn bush) then the Marvsda falls back down on all fours and off we go howling with laughter. :D The funny thing was that where we camped was very very close to the exit of the trail. We saw lots of purty county looking for it the trail though.

5. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

Check this out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great carnage! I got back in town this afternoon & yanked a case out of a rolled jeep in my driveway and brought it to the shop and Rueben threw it in. He was driving it this evening.

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So the impact carried through the driveline into the t-case.....:confused:

Wow, that was a big 'oh-fok'!

8. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

Yup, rammed the front unput all the way through the case. :doah:

9. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

This was a great trip even with the breakage. Ruben was a hell of a sport even with everything that happened. Hope we get to give it a try with him again, hopefully we did not scare him off???

As usual it was Marv's lousy spotting!!! :)

This is a great trail, we are going to have to hit it again, and run it backwards, not a bad drive either, with the exception of the 10 percent grade on two of the hills just to get there. Had to damn near run Springer over with the Dodge.:haha: :haha:

Overall this was a great trip. Hopefully we did not run Ruben and Allen off, as being too much of knuckleheads..... :D

10. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

Rob, Rueben is dying to run with you guys again.. For real this time! He was wonderin if your boy got any good pics of his fall??

11. therobzilla

Joey was all about the pictures on Sunday, but when we got home yesterday, he said they all got "Deleted" dad????

I think he messed with the wrong buttons on the camera, and screwed up the disk on the camera.

Nothing on this end, sorry.

On a side note, I'm glad Ruben was not totally pissed with us, we felt bad as to what happend, and hope that he's not too upset at the whole situiation.

We tried our best to not make this trip a totally messed up one, but it happens sometimes.

Rob

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

New guys website is pretty friendly , guys jumping right in with the PM's making a guy feel welcome over there .

Wish I could of made it at least to check it out this weekend , but I am destined to have black fingernails for a few more days :thumb:

13. blaza

blaza 1/2 ton status

D'oh! :doah: Oh well.. I have a few of you, Rob but nothing good. Rueben is cool, and seemed very apreciative of the help he got. Mechanical failure usually isnt anybodys fault & our hobby is all about helping eachother out! He is happy to be driving his jeep tonight.. It coulda been worse!

14. therobzilla

Kyle,

Very cool, I'm glad he's rolling again tonight!!! I'm going to try to stop by the shop tomorrow and say hi, just depends I can find some time from work.

Yea, it kinda sucks with the whole breakage thing when it does happen, but it happens, and it's about how does everyone get out ok.

Our standard motto has always been: "Everyone that goes out together, comes home together, no matter what, no questions asked!".

Next trip is going to be a blast, I think we are going to head up to Payson this weekend my family and I and try to hit Peyutte Draw with Springer one day over the weekend, we will see.

Rob

15. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

:yikes:

looks like a great place:thumb: good read too

16. FWP

FWP CRS

Dayumm!!! Quite the adventure. I gotta check that place out one of these days.

17. rhino105amx

Oh I forgot, and I know this will shock and surprise you all, MARV ATE TUNA!

18. Homeslice

Homeslice 1/2 ton status

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww tunaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww kyleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww marvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww you guys suck. stop going wheeling without me.

19. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Uuuhhhh..... errr.... no... we haven't been doin' any wheelin'....[​IMG] at all..... there Homeslice.... :ignore: I mean ..... we've just been ummmmmmmmm.... [​IMG]

sittin' at home...... and not really doin' anything.............. just waitin' for you to come back to Az........

[​IMG]

............. and definitely not going wheelin'.....

:ignore: Marv :ignore:

20. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Get the story right,,,you were "scouting":D :p: