Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Maryland and Florida Emission Laws

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cocky, Apr 18, 2000.

1. cocky

cocky Registered Member

I might be moving to either Maryland or Florida and was wondering about the emission laws in these two states. Here in colorado they have classic car plates (only for cars 25 years or older) so you only have to pass the emissions test once for as long as you own the vehicle. Is there anything like this in Maryland or Florida? Thanks in advance for any information.

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I posted this on the other board, but thought I might post it here too.
    The emissions law here in Maryland applies for vehicles from 1977 and newer. So if your truck is older than that, then you will be ok and would not have to go through all that. I think you would have to get it inspected though, unless you plan on keeping historic tags on it, but where wouldn't you have to do that. Historic tags here are 25 yrs and older too. Alright dude, good luck on your decision.
    Boss

3. cocky

cocky Registered Member

Thanks, Boss. I saw your information on the other board, i just thought i would see if these guys and girls knew anything else.

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked

4. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Florida(Escambia County) doesn't have emissions testing at this point in time. Also, the only inspection that is don is of the odometer at the tag office. How easy is that.

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

5. 1bad2

1bad2 Registered Member

Florida does have emissions testing depending on what part you live in. I live in Duval county (Jacksonville) and we definately have emissions. However one county over (clay) there is no testing.
    Florida is stupid that way,
    Curtis

6. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

I live in Orange County (Orlando) and there are no emmissions tests here. It's great no inspections can run w/o cats

k5 broke but not dead

7. Javier Gras

Javier Gras Registered Member

If I remember correctly in Florida as the others have pointed out, some counties have them and some don't.
    However I do remember that at least in Dade County (Miami) the cut-off date for emissions testing was 1973, so with a '70 blazer you should not have a problem.

Good luck

Javier

8. 1bad2

1bad2 Registered Member

Oh yea Duvals cut off is 1975. That doesn't help me with an 88 though. [​IMG]