Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Maryland and Northern Virginia Trails??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boondock, Feb 1, 2001.

1. Boondock

Boondock Registered Member

I'm here at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, just about bored out of my skin with the trails around here. Does anyone know of any other trails in the Maryland, No. Virginia area? I am new to the K5 world, but am itching to get out and get dirtier than ever before. Also, let me know if anyone wants to meet on a weekend or something to hit the trails around here. I'd love to get out of prison for the day. Thanks in advance.

The only easy day was yesterday.
    Second place is a body bag.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

How far away from Gettysburg Pa are you? Let me know and we can get togeather sometime. I am looking for a new toy "K5" and got a line on a 3/4 ton for parts. Should be ready to mud in just a few weeks.
    Wayne

You might want to send private reply because it will be easier to find.
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by wayne on 02/01/01 09:58 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. Boondock

Boondock Registered Member

Right now I'm about 2.5 hours away from Gettysburg. On leave periods, however, I go home to Bethlehem, next to Allentown. That's even closer. So, if not anytime real soon (i have to make some upgrades too), definitely this March (spring break) or this summer on leave. What have you done so far with your K5? Where are the trails near you in Pennsy?

The only easy day was yesterday.
    Second place is a body bag.

4. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

You may want to check out Rocky Run in Harrisonburg, VA. I went last year and it was a great trail. There are tons of trails for all levels. It's probably a few hours from Annapolis. Also, a bunch of us on here are planning a trail run there sometime in August. Just do a search of the archives for Rocky Run and you will find much more info on it. Also, if you're interested in joining us in August get in touch with Boss. I'm sure he'll reply to this post as well.

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Boondock,

Hey bud, I was just down at the Naval Academy about maybe 3 months ago for the Army/AirForce/Navy Powerlifting meet. One of my best friends lift for Army.
    Anyways, thanks for the heads up Johnny Reb. He's right, we're planning a BIG trail run with a Bunch of other CK5ers to Rocky Run Trails in the George Washington National Forest in VA. It's not till Aug. 4 & 5 though. It's about 3 hours from me and I'm in Columbia. If you would like to be added to the list, let me know. But first go to my site and then click on Rocky Run Sign up/Info. Then that will take you to the page with all the info on who's going, what to bring, and links on more info on the trails. So far we got over 15K5's possibly attending. Take care.
    Boss

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>

6. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey Boon, I responded in the Blazin Trails forum, but thought I would post here too so maybe other people in your area will read it.

We are trying to get a full-size, 2 day run at Paragon together. We want all the East Coast CoK5 people to make it. Go check out the Paragon web site and their message forum for info, http://www.marylandmudbugs.com/ I think they are in your area.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

<font color=blue>"It's just a differentialator....Totally unnecessary" [​IMG]</font color=blue>