Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mass hysteria need help?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James, Jul 25, 2000.

1. James

James 1/2 ton status

Hey guys. Finally got started on rebuilding my drive train. I pulled my np203 trans case both drive shafts and the tranny and transfer case crossbar support and my tranny is ready to be pulled. It all started because I had fluid leaking from everywhere possible and have to replace 1 of the 2 shifter rods from the shift linkage to the trans case. Tomorrow I'll pull the tranny. Problem is. This is only the 2nd tranny I've pulled. As I stated in earlier posts I'm new to this game but I've been wanting to do this for the longest. Heres what Im stressing over right now typing at 12am.
    1) Should I have the trans case gone thru by a professional for 150.00 plus parts being all seals and gaskets. Of course this is just the min. charge. You never know what else the mech is going to find. Or should I do this myself. I've never worked on a trans case. It doesn't look like you need much more than a few pullers, torque wrench and a few smaller wrenches. Or should I do it myself.
    ) If I do, do it myself. I need all the seals, gaskets, for a th350 and np203 also tranny mounts to the crossbar support. Is there a better or cheaper place to go to other than the dealership for these parts. Can't find 1 of the 2 shifter rods from the shift linkage to the trans case anywhere.
    Anyways this is my dilemna for this week.
    Please looking for any opinions and intructions from anyone with knowlege of these two parts
    Peace
    James

2. James

James 1/2 ton status

Just moving to the top. Could use any info or knowlegde regarding maintenance and servicing these two parts