Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mass inspection stickers with 6" lift. Are you geetting them ok.

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by fright98, Mar 4, 2006.

1. fright98

fright98 Registered Member

Hello all. my last post was probably about three years agao. My user name was fright 89 and I am trying to get that one back but for now I am fright 98. I have some decent $$$ set aside for a new blazer (89-91). I have been looking now for some time but have not found anything to my liking.
    I now have an 89 with a new motor, built transmission and lots of rust which I may end up building but I kind of wanted to get a new one and keep the one I have now for a plow truck.

I will keep looking for new truck a few more weeks but I am starting plans for the rebuild now and most likely will have lots of questions for you guys as I rebuild.

Keep in mind I am not trying to build the ultimate off-roader or crawler. The trucks primary function will be highway driving. Lots of weekend road trips with a little mild off roading. I would say the truck will be driven about 70% on road, 10% off road in sand and 20% snow. Snow being my favorite. The truck must be capable of getting threw the deep stuff.

So I will keep my eyes on the threads to see who is still out here and meet some new people.

Here is my first questions for you Massholes
    I have a 4” lift now and have only had a few problems getting inspection stickers
    [FONT=&quot]I am thinking about a 6” lift with 35’s. Is anybody running this combo and passing inspection? [/FONT]

2. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

the only trucks that I know a 6" lift is legal for are crewcabs or (commercial) vehicles with a GVW of 10,001lbs-and-greater.

a long bed is around 4" and a blazer or shortbed is slightly less.
    but, according to the CMR's you have to be more 1" or more over the legal height in order to fail for too much lift.

3. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Dont forget its not just the lift itself the tires will add to it. If you ask the inspection station they should show you the current book. But my old one says you could pass with 6 inch lift and 31 in tires. But thats 4 yrs old.

4. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

When I talked to the RMV about 2-2.5 years agos they told me 26" from the bottom of the door/top of the rocker to flat level ground.

5. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

what wheelbase vehicle is that for? blazer, 6', or 8' bed?

6. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Your talking pickups Blazers have like a 4 foot bed. Guys mass laws are up for another change. I just found out from my friend that stock exhaust and no lift might be coming soon. There are 2 measurements as of right now that I know of. First is headligghts to the grond and then frame to the ground.