Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Massamachusetts........

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FatBoyBlazer, Jun 26, 2001.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

does any one live or going to be living in massachusetts........every body that i've seen and talked to said that they've nver heard of the site...i dunno it;s late and i'm bored................................Ryan

high

2. coincidentally

coincidentally Registered Member

I live in massachusetts, just north of boston...what where you trying to find out?

3. FatBoyBlazer

nah i was just wondrin' if any was frum around here..............i live in woosta

high

4. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

why do people in maine and vermont call people from mass, massholes. Just wondered. Brian

"IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN STUCK.....YOU'VE NEVER BEEN WHEELIN"!!!

5. lukerz

lukerz 1/2 ton status

yep I am from around Springfield.
    Lukers

83 K10 from 76 K5 & 83 C10
    Th350 Np203 355 CID
    31 X 10.5
    Plan on 2" body lift

6. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

I'm in Mass, north of Boston.

People from Maine and Vermont call us Massholes because we are polite enough to point out the fact that they are all inbred.

<font color=red>"Oil? That's not my oil...that was there before" </font color=red>[​IMG]

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I live in Hatfield MA. (no cracks about the McCoys please), and work in Springfield.

If you didn't built it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

8. coincidentally

coincidentally Registered Member

I was always under the impressions that people from mass where called massholes because people around here tend to be more aggressive/insane behind the wheel (all that city driving)

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Are the Simpsons your neighbors? Ha ha!! [​IMG]

<font color=purple>Have you hugged your K5 today?</font color=purple>

10. FatBoyBlazer

i've never heard that massholes one before........i though it was people from conneticut that suck at drivin'

high

11. FatBoyBlazer

the "simpsons are from Springfield, whoops hold on one second"(i dunno they never said where they was frum)

high

12. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Believe it or not, the guy down the street is Carl Simpson!
    As far as the Masshole thing goes, it tends to lend itself to the people in Eastern Mass (Boston area). We country boys in Western Mass learned how to drive on the farm when we just barely tall enough to reach the pedals and the steering wheel at the same time. Toward Boston there is no such thing as using blinkers, although peoples horns seem to work very well and their middle fingers. For their annual inspection, they don't even test the blinkers, as long as your horn works you pass [​IMG]. The funny part is I have never gotten the horn or the finger, it's usually one Bostonian flipping off another. They even use the breakdown lane as an ACTUAL lane (I didn't believe it until I saw for myself). Not to pick on anyone out East, but it is alot different world. It's almost like living in another State.

If you didn't built it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

13. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Hey FB,

'Just north of ya'. Work at Ayer (Devens, what used to be a Fort), reside in Winchendon, a stones throw from my home state The Peoples Republic of New Hampshire. I used to work (years ago) in the NH tourist industry and I've see the "Masshole" phenomena in action. It's amazing how some people act when they're out of town and you add alittle alcohol. But hey we're all Yankees (not the team).

Real trucks don't have spark plugs!

14. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I think there is a Springfeild in every state. And no, the @$$hole drivers do not come from Massachusets or even Connecticut. They come from here in New Jersey, the state with the highest insurance rates in the country! [​IMG]</font color=blue>

15. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

it's good that you can admit that! but I have had the worst driving experiances in Rhode Island. Those people have NO manors!! I used to drive through mass, N.H., conn, vermont, maine, N.J. almost daily and Rhode Island was the worst! I thought even worse than N.J.

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

16. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I'm up in Nashua (no blazer yet though, gotta sell the 72 Cutlass first). Used to be from western mass, but as far as I am concerned, I never admit I was from there anymore if I can help it. Waaaaaayyyyyyyyy too liberal, and, now that I live up here in NH, I can attest to the "masshole" thing. Anytime you're up here driving, and someone cuts you off (like they didn't even check the mirror before changing lanes) or pulls out in front of you, or just plain does some other boneheaded thing on the road, you can pretty much bet that they have a Mass license plate.

Email: xiaozhu@my-deja.com

17. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I was born and raised in Mass. Moved to Fla when I was 13, and only been back a few times. ( really have desire to actually ) I still keep in touch w/ 1 person I grew up w/ , lost touch w/ the rest. I lived in Medway, near the RI border.

PURE INSANITY If ya can't stop,Smile as you go under!
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

18. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

I drove my K5 through New York City, with no problem whatsoever. Everyone stayed out of my way and the trip went fine.

Just driving around my town, I get people giving me the finger and flashing lights if I don't go 15 mph over the speedlimit. My girl isn't built for speed...

<font color=red>"Oil? That's not my oil...that was there before" </font color=red>[​IMG]

19. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

The whole point of the Springfield thing on the Simpsons is every state does have one... but they never say what state to just be funny... it's something they just do... make us all wonder. Although they could be from my area we have to twin nuclear towers right outside town....

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

20. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

I live in chicopee. I don't know anyone who has a K5. I see them everywhere though. Where are there places to go offroad?