Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Master Head Rebuild

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by danny7139, Dec 31, 2005.

1. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

Anyone know where to find a master head rebuild kit for 88 non vortec tbi heads? With 1.94 intake and 1.5 exhaust valves. I'm looking for one with everything to rebuild the heads. Thanks

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

cant say i've ever seen a master head rebuild kit. i would start by taking it to your local machine shop for a valve job. while you're at it, have them install new springs matched to your cam, and new valve locks. they should do valve seals with the whole mess anyways. should be good to go then.

3. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Get your valve guides replaced as well. I have also never seen a "kit". Really the only kits out there are head install kits which have gaskets and packings, and then cam kits which have springs, seals, and locks. I had my heads redone a couple years ago and it made such a difference in reliability. Especially since oil wasnt just dumping down the valves the whole time the engine was running!